Will wearing Shellac make nails weaker?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use D-Solve but I have also used pure acetone in the past, when I had run out of D-Solve.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek
Ruth Fordham

I like to use D-solve but have used my normal acrylic remover, the important thing is to wrap snuggly, remember this stuff evaporates very quickly so if you don't wrap snuggly you are wasting time and product.
On to other points raised:)
I have worn Shelac since the event last year. My nails are long, strong and in the best shape they've been in years.
The only broken nail I've had since last May is when my hand slipped shutting the car door while my nails were naked:cry:
I feel clients should have it stressed to them about the importance of useing solar oil. Solar oil does penetrate deep down into the nail plate which means if the client is using it daily they will avoid the drying propertys of the remover.
It is the remover that can make nails feel soft when enhansments are freshly removed and the remover that once dry can make nails brittle.
Clients who use solar oil daily with enhansments or natural nail treatments don't suffer from this problem. If you stop and think about the science behind these two products you can see the results for yourselves.
For the thread starter, I would tell your client to see for herself, Shelac is the only product out there that does not require the tech to remove shine before application, and that is why she can be sure that Shelac is not going to damage her nails. The only file that will touch her nails is the one used for shaping the free edge. If she does her bit at home and uses her solar oil, daily, not only will there be no damage but her nails will improve.
They will also grow long because Shelac does a very good job at protecting the free edge from daily life.
Final point, we all love long nails, but, there is a limit to what a client can cope with, go past that point and nails will bend, will snap will catch.
Just because Shelac is an amazing product it doesn't mean it makes our nails indestructable. They are still, jewels not tools.

Is it possible to use Alcohol [what %] instead of D-spearse IPA Solution after the Top Coat has been under the UV light?

99%IPA

I just get D-sperse and then there are no ???- It's great and its inexpemsive and all from the same supplier. I buy by the litre.

I agree, ive never had to soak off for more than 8-10 mins per shellac removal, its the best product i have ever used to re grow clients nails which have been damaged, its my best selling service ever!!!! xxx

I was going to post/reply to this....think i will stay well away...so much going on!!!

I was going to post/reply to this....think i will stay well away...so much going on!!!

What ever was 'going on' was going on last February so I wouldn't worry about it or stir things up. this is an old post.

You see, :hug:, it is comments like the above that perpetuate things. If you had just posted your comments to the original poster and ignored anything else all would go smoothly. It is poking the hornets nest that stirs it up. We could all learn from that.

Latest posts

Back