Wooden cabins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moom!n

Reaction score
those of you that have BOUGHT a wooden cabin (don't have time to totally self build) how much did you pay for what size and who from?

I'm looking for something ideally big enough for two treatment rooms, a nail desk and make up station(id like to rent a treatment room & nail desk for another therapist to do massage/nails etc. if i can't find anything big enough then just enough room for a bed and a make up area.

any pointers much appreciated :)

moom!n I am in the same position as you, seriously considering this as an option for my salon/make up studio in Aberdeenshire. I am unsure what to expect cost wise. Hopefully someone can answer your question and help us both out.

I have just had my wooden cabin delivered this week. Its only 1 room thougg. Its 12ftx10ft and has a porch with decking, fully insulated, electric, shingle roof & pvc door & window and it cost me just over £4,000. Havent started the inside yet!

Thanks twilight sparkle. That sounds about right I have seen a 5x3m for £5500 fully installed, insulated with all the extras.

I've also started pondering on the idea of a mobile portacabin wooden cladding it to make it more 'pretty'.

Saxonicola I did have a really nice studio done out until my brother decided to move home!!

I looked at some and they were working out around £7k-£10k the full monte but for just one treatment room, around the 12ft x 8ft size. You would literally be able to move your kit into them, just need the electrics hooking up. The company would install it for you.The walls were fairly thin though - 24mm. You would need to prepare a good base to put it on also. I have been fortunate to achieve the same/better product by building it from flat pack. (Actually my husband did it - I just made the tea and read the instructions!!). Used Dunster house and they were fantastic - great quality.Paid around £3k in total.

The bigger the build obviously the ££££'s go up but the above just gives you a rough idea. Don't forget to budget for abit of landscaping too as your clients won't want to have their treatments sat looking at a few sorry plants and scraggy lawn!!

Mine is 14ftX12ft. That was 2k, base £500,
To insulate, plasterboard, plaster, flooring, sockets, lights & power supply 1k. (My husband & dad did it all so no labour costs)
Haven't even decorated it yet and it only has one room. So It's been quite expensive. But insulating properly has made it really warm even in winter with no heating on. (But has obviously made the room roughly a foot smaller than it was)

I know you wanted 2 rooms but just thought I'd add mine so you can get an idea of prices x

Can you post pics of your cabins please [emoji3]

Mine is 14ftX12ft. That was 2k, base £500,
To insulate, plasterboard, plaster, flooring, sockets, lights & power supply 1k. (My husband & dad did it all so no labour costs)
Haven't even decorated it yet and it only has one room. So It's been quite expensive. But insulating properly has made it really warm even in winter with no heating on. (But has obviously made the room roughly a foot smaller than it was)

I know you wanted 2 rooms but just thought I'd add mine so you can get an idea of prices x
oooh, cana i ask where u bought yours....any info greatly received xxx

Do you have any pics cheekychick?

I would love to do this too, I looked at Warwick Offices, they do a £5000 pod which comes fully insulated with a consumer unit and power points, lights, flooring etc. All you need to do is level the area and connect it to your home power grid. It's only one room (2m x 3m) though but they had others that were bigger (and more expensive!) but had the same 'all mod cons' set up xx

Outside....is outside......(spider's) :eek:
Insulate, heat, and remember, you get what you pay for.....
There is a BIG difference between a shed, and a garden room /log cabin / studio.:confused:
Go bigger than you think you need, and pay more than you'd like to! :cool:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1486973301.243113.jpg

Here's mine. Not a great pic. The weathers pants so it's really dark and we are in the middle of having the garden done. But you get the idea :) x

Hey everyone. Did you guys all have to get planning permission for your cabins ? I've just checked with my council and apparently I do have to [emoji31]. Xxx

Hey everyone. Did you guys all have to get planning permission for your cabins ? I've just checked with my council and apparently I do have to [emoji31]. Xxx

I had to get planning permission for mine in Havering. The building had already been there for 3 years but i still needed it.

The council were giving us completely wrong information at first, which was frustrating but got there eventually.

Just wanted to add that my planning permission forbids me from having anyone else work there too x

I had to get planning permission for mine in Havering. The building had already been there for 3 years but i still needed it.

The council were giving us completely wrong information at first, which was frustrating but got there eventually.

Just wanted to add that my planning permission forbids me from having anyone else work there too x

It's so frustrating right ? I'm in Scotland. Did you have to get some sort of architect to help you with application?

I don't plan on employing anyone so that helps with me but it's just a shame you need permission for a little business. Xxx

Latest posts

Back