Work placement.....any offers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justified7t7

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks and to you salon owners especially I am working towards my NVQ level 2 and I'm looking for a work placement to go along side my course, I need to have a two week placement around Easter time as part of the course, but I also think it would benefit me in my learning, I'm a hard worker and would put 110% into anything I do, I am fully competent in shampooing, conditioning treatments and blow drying, and my cutting is coming along....so would anyone take me on???? Come on guys you know you want to.......:)

Hi Justii... Have you heard of the company Headmasters? Iam a deputy salon manager and I work in the Walton On Thames branch, Surrey. Let's cut the story short but they will take anyone on, if you are keen and so are they! There are about 52 salons nationwide in the UK. Check the website out and good luck! X

Hi mazz. Just wandered if you know of any jobs going within headmasters. As I have been trying for a long time to get into hairdressing but with no luck. I am 23 years old. But feel all the salons want to take on 16-17 years old. So haven't been given the chance to show how well I would work, just because of my age which I feel is unfair. I am living close to Croydon and really just want a chance to show how hardworking I am and am not bothered about the pay as I would really like to become a hairdresser.

Hi kitt... If your close to Croyden then great look on the website and see if you can call headoffice or bring your cv into the Croyden branch... We take on all ages... We have a training academy based in Ham village which gets your training unto scratch xx good luck xx

I'm currently based in Birmingham is there a headmasters in the area? I'm doing my nvq level 2 at the moment I'm slightly older at 34.... Would I be a good candidate?

Im also looking to break into the industry; im only 19 and am classes as old! Are there any headmasters in the north east? Xx

hey guys, I have been looking to volunteer in a salon for a couple of days a week for the past few weeks. I am an older NVQ2 student so have found 'acceptance' difficult too.

HOWEVER - THE GOOD NEWS!
Today I had an interview for a new salon which is opening soon and have high hopes that although I will be working for free for the next 6 months, they will look at training me up and potentially employing me or allowing me to rent a chair in the future. I will know for sure about working with them when they have confirmed with their insurance etc/checked references so they can have me doing stuff.

I found this job by advertising myself on gumtree as 'work wanted'. I had three offers in total so if you are willing to give up some of your free time, give it a go...

Latest posts

Back