Working after a nail course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkiichiicka

Reaction score
Hi,
Just a quick question. How long did it take you after completing a course (NVQ which I am doing, or any other) before you found work in a salon?
Right now, I don't think I would like to start up my own business just yet, just work in a salon or something, but who knows until I finish my course.

Also, I've had alot of discouragement from people saying doing a beauty-related course is silly and no one needs it anymore and just generally people looking down on me for what I want to do. I'm so excited to start my course but then comments like that just make me feel :sad:
So any advice for that please also?

Hey!

I have just finished my nail course (CND Complete) and am debating about whether to start applying to salons or not. However I know people in my course are so I'm thinking I'll just go for it. I'm not 100% confident but I think being chucked in at the deep end will massively help (I hope!). I'm getting as much practice done as possible ATM and ..we'll see! I do eventually want to work for myself but for now I think the best thing would be to be in a salon to learn from others.

& as far as people putting you down go.. My partner's nan declared her lack of enthusiasm 'So and so's daughter does nails, my friend gets hers done sometimes..just to give her some business because she doesn't do very well..people don't want that sort of thing do they' ...:!: Well, we'll show them won't we :D
Honestly once you start your course you won't care what people say, you'll just love it. I'm still working part time in retail at the mo and it doesn't excite me in the slightest but then I think of how I'm going to feel in a salon doing the thing I love every day!

Enjoy your course xx

Latest posts

Back