Working from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful82

Reaction score
I am curretly renting a room for my beauty business, which has generated me a lot of clients but due to circumstances I would like to move my business home to run from there. Are there any rules and regulations about this? Do I have to have permission to run a business from home and will it cost me anymore to do so? Thanks

I don't know much about the rules in the UK (I'm from Oz)... but there have been a number of threads about this.
Have a skim through them and see what you can find :green:

All councils have different regulations, so give them a call and find out what they require from you.

Also, you will need to contact your home insurance. As some home insurance companies will stop your cover if you are working from home, I would suggest telling them you are 'thinking' of doing it. Then if they do not approve it gives you time to shop around for a new policy.

I worked from home for many years.
I got round the insurance by not having a waiting room. I said that clients waited outside in their cars until their appointment time and then I accompanied them from my front door to the treatment room. (My insurance company was concerned about theft) As I was with client at all times this was not a problem.
The local council do have regulations you must adhere to, but any good therapist would want to do that anyway.
Overheads were low and if you are not busy you can go and do your washing.
I worked the day before my 1st child was born and was back working one week after the birth. I doubt if I would have done that if I had a salon.
It's a great way to grow a sucessful business.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back