Working out predicted salon turnover help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemL

Reaction score
Hi,

We are currently setting up a new salon and looking into a bank accountant. the bank needs to know estimated annual turnover - how do I work this out? Do I base it on hours worked and an estimated hourly rate....but then how do i deduct treatment costs??

HELP

The simplest way would be to work out the cost of an average treatment, times it by how many treatments you can do per day/week and then multiply by the number of weeks in the year you'll be open. Depending on how cautious you want to be, reduce the number of possible hours to work.

So, if you can do say, 30 appoints per week at £30 per appointment that's £900/week x 52 weeks. Your projected annual turnover would be £46,800 per annum.

HTH & good luck.

Debbs x

Let's face it, it's purely a guess at this stage. I would do the maths then add a bit more on top :lol:

Thanks very much for your help ladies :)

You don't need to deduct treatment costs for turnover. Turnover is literally all money that goes into your till.

Treatment costs are deducted for gross profit and then everything else is deducted for net profit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

If your ready for a business bank account you must be near to starting up? Have you done a business plan with best & worst case scenarios? You don't need a bank account untill you've got straight in your plan the sorts of figures your looking at, you need to know your estimated income & outgoings to even know if the business would be viable, if you do know this then tell them the income figure from the plan

Latest posts

Back