Worried, strands help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair extensions by kim

Reaction score
ok so I have a client tomorrow who doesn't have long hair it goes in a pony but that's it after reading some of the posts on here about how many strands and what have you to use on a typical full head I am now worried so the client doesn't have thick hair but its not thin either and I have ordered 9 packs of 0.8g of dd hair at 20 inch is this going to be enough for a full head the pic attached was her hair its longer now like I said enough to go in pony

Attachments

• 18618375_10213464755838101_1797956173_o.jpg
    18618375_10213464755838101_1797956173_o.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 86
ok so I have a client tomorrow who doesn't have long hair it goes in a pony but that's it after reading some of the posts on here about how many strands and what have you to use on a typical full head I am now worried so the client doesn't have thick hair but its not thin either and I have ordered 9 packs of 0.8g of dd hair at 20 inch is this going to be enough for a full head the pic attached was her hair its longer now like I said enough to go in pony
I doubt it. 0.8g at 20" is pretty thin. Is it Angel Remy? The bigger the difference between the natural hair and the required result, the more hair you have to add.

I doubt it. 0.8g at 20" is pretty thin. Is it Angel Remy? The bigger the difference between the natural hair and the required result, the more hair you have to add.
it is angel remy does this make a difference?
and I am going to cut it down a bit to maybe 18

it is angel remy does this make a difference?
and I am going to cut it down a bit to maybe 18
The AR 20" usually comes at around 24". So even though it's DD it's super thin at 0.8g. You need tiny sections and tiny rings. I used to re-tip them
In to 1.4g and that worked out ok but it's a faff. Cutting them to shorter doesn't make them any thicker, it just makes the resulting 18" weight less. I'd say crack on with what you have and tell your client you can always order more for her. You'll learn all this as you go along, the first year is a MASSIVE learning curve. Keep at it and good luck.

The AR 20" usually comes at around 24". So even though it's DD it's super thin at 0.8g. You need tiny sections and tiny rings. I used to re-tip them
In to 1.4g and that worked out ok but it's a faff. Cutting them to shorter doesn't make them any thicker, it just makes the resulting 18" weight less. I'd say crack on with what you have and tell your client you can always order more for her. You'll learn all this as you go along, the first year is a MASSIVE learning curve. Keep at it and good luck.
thank you I will do that thanks for your input do as you said the 20in comes at 24 should I just but 18 if they want the 20 as I cant seem to find many places that actually do 1g

thank you I will do that thanks for your input do as you said the 20in comes at 24 should I just but 18 if they want the 20 as I cant seem to find many places that actually do 1g
No you'll need to use 20" if that's what they want. You'll end up with a colour ring for most of the suppliers and then you can order accordingly but in the meantime prestige do 1g and I'm sure euphoria do as well.

No you'll need to use 20" if that's what they want. You'll end up with a colour ring for most of the suppliers and then you can order accordingly but in the meantime prestige do 1g and I'm sure euphoria do as well.
thanks yea I cant open account with them until my trainer sends out certificate :(

How did it go?? Did you need anymore hair Kim? Xx

How did it go?? Did you need anymore hair Kim? Xx
I think it went ok she still had loads of room in her haor the picture witb my logo on is how it ended up i bought anotber 4 packs as i was worried and the picture of her on her own is how it ended after cutting blending and giving it a razor and after she had used lee staffords silver shampoo they look lovely x

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1495985961374.jpg
    FB_IMG_1495985961374.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 54
  • FB_IMG_1495985966908.jpg
    FB_IMG_1495985966908.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 41
Brilliant- looks lovely!! X

Latest posts

Back