Would it be weird for a "boy" to get his nails done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My aunt and I decided to go get pedicures when school is over and I asked her if I could get a manicure too and she said sure. I would like to get my nails done like this though: http://s3-media1.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/LmktVFgXPgdHIW3i45C0aQ/l.jpg

Would that be weird? I really want them done like that and I want my toes to be painted pink. Yes, I know I said I'm a boy and boy's don't normally do this but I'm technically not a boy. It's complicated but anyway, would it be okay to get them done that way? Thank you for your time and thank you for answering. Have a wonderful night.

I'm sorry that this was such a weird question.

I don't really know what you're asking. Do you mean would a nail tech be cool doing your nails if you're a boy. I think most good nail techs are totally cool when somebody wants something that is seen as a bit different. There are a few posts on here from guys asking if a nail tech would refuse to do them extensions because they're male. The answers were totally positive with most nail techs really happy to do a guys nails.
Good luck x

I probably would think twice if you are still at school. For a few reasons.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dont feel it would be weird ive seen a few celeb males having nails painted this day and age should it matter would love to see a picture when you get them done x

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dont feel it would be weird ive seen a few celeb males having nails painted this day and age should it matter would love to see a picture when you get them done x

You would?

Yea post a picture when you have them :)

Of course it's not weird, you can have whatever you like, anyone should be able to have whatever they like. Don't listen to what people say it's your choice! Post a pic when you've had them done x 😃 x

No it's not weird get what you want just because your boy doesn't mean you can't have your nails painted :) post a pic when you had them done :)

Goodness, lots of you want me to post a picture when I get them done. I think that since that many people asked, I will do it :)

No. This is not right at all

Surrey Girl through and through x

Go for it, there your nails and I would rather see I nice set of nails than like my friend who paints his nalis and only does one coat because he can't be bothered doing a second lol :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes go for it. Jeffreyy starr has his nails done and they freaking amazing !

Beauty at your finger tips!

Why constantly shoot people down because you dont agree? It saddens me that there is such an intolerance towards mankind :(

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Thank you all soooo much for the nice replies!!

Why constantly shoot people down because you dont agree? It saddens me that there is such an intolerance towards mankind :(

Cleen Cheeks Spa

He requested an opinion. He's a guy and guys don't usually get their nails done.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
To the OP, there will be some intolerance expressed if you step outside of the social norms we have created for ourselves. But this is just life and happens with anybody that draws attention, be it clothes, hair style or whatever. You will know in yourself if this is something that you will allow to bother you or not. Kids can be cruel and invariably learn it from their parents, so being prepared for this may allow you a chance to think about how you may handle it.

My personal opinion is that life is too short to let others opinions stop you from enjoying being you. :hug:

I have just been to Whitby at the weekend and did not realise it was Goth weekend!
Not your normal Goths but really weird and wacky!
I was a little freaked out at first but only as I'm not use to it, by the end of the day I admired them as that's what they enjoy doing and they were not harming anyone.
They all seemed really polite and friendly.
All I'm saying is we should ALL be a bit more tolerant to others as at the end of the day what is "normal"
Who are we to judge (myself included) xx

Go for it! I've always believed each person should be themselves and express themselves how they wish! Providing know one is being hurt in the process you should be able to do what you like! Xx

Jeez, a little harsh! I understand if you don't think that you would like to do it, because you don't like it, but just to say "it's not right at all" implies that it there is something completely wrong with it and it shouldn't be done which I think is quite rude and a little old-fashioned.

To the OP, if you feel this is something you want to do then you should let anybody tell you any different. I spent the majority of my life with people telling me how I should look, what I should do and believe you me it doesn't do you any favours!! you always can get people who are narrow minded and think things are wrong but then at one time it was probably weird for women to have nails painted so what's to say that men can't?
Women can wear trousers, wear suits, do lots of things to argue equality with men so therefore, what's to say a man can't have his nails painted or indeed have enhancements on? I say go for it and please let me see you piccie when they're done!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back