Would it be weird for a "boy" to get his nails done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes a bit harsh but its an opinion.

If he goes to school/college/work he will be the target of bullying etc

I did not say not to do it, just that its not socially acceptable

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Jeez, a little harsh! I understand if you don't think that you would like to do it, because you don't like it, but just to say "it's not right at all" implies that it there is something completely wrong with it and it shouldn't be done which I think is quite rude and a little old-fashioned.

To the OP, if you feel this is something you want to do then you should let anybody tell you any different. I spent the majority of my life with people telling me how I should look, what I should do and believe you me it doesn't do you any favours!! you always can get people who are narrow minded and think things are wrong but then at one time it was probably weird for women to have nails painted so what's to say that men can't?
Women can wear trousers, wear suits, do lots of things to argue equality with men so therefore, what's to say a man can't have his nails painted or indeed have enhancements on? I say go for it and please let me see you piccie when they're done!! Xxx

Lol, i was just about to say that, women wear trousers, so whats the difference
Oh and have short hair, but how tolerant are people to a man with long hair

Yes a bit harsh but its an opinion.

If he goes to school/college/work he will be the target of bullying etc

I did not say not to do it, just that its not socially acceptable

I believe your words were "it's not right at all", maybe it would be best to reword your answer to the OP as what you said could be damaging to a young person being told a way they want to express themselves is not right at all

People will always suffer remarks if they step away from what is classed as the norm. And be honest ...a school boy with painted nails is one of them. Celebrities get away with it in their own right... it's classed as fashion - but everyday people/ children are cruel.. school kids being the worst. We can all say ' awww do what you want, go and paint your nails. ..' fine if they can cope with the barrage of abuse they will suffer and there aren't that many mentally strong people around to be able to take it. If anyone is prepared to write on a forum full of different people with different ideas and personalities and opinions you shouldn't get offended if the opinions are not all the same. Do I think it is right for a school boy to go to school with painted nails. No but that is my opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My own personal view is that women look nicer and more feminine with longer hair and skirts instead of trousers, having said that half the time i just don't care and i run around in jeans, but i'd much rather feel feminine than masculine.
Its just whatever someone feels more comfortable with and everyone likes different things and has a different opinion, your never going to please everyone so you should just do what makes you feel happy
That's why there are so many style guru's, because everyone has a different idea of what's nice
What i think is nice, the next person will think is terrible and so on,

.... if you want them done have them done, .. yes it's not typically a boy/man treatment but who wants to be typical anyway - how very boring ... !!!!

(... And as you've also said that it's complicated about a boy but not a boy etc etc ... and I'm not asking for you to explain - as again it's no ones business esp mine but I'm sure you already understand that people do judge ... !!!)

Def post a pic I'd like to see them too ... X

I sense you getting a little worked up here sanilulu. I may be wrong. . It's just how I read it.

I sense you getting a little worked up here sanilulu. I may be wrong. . It's just how I read it.

..."lol" - you've read into it wrong hunni, - I know you by now to know not to take offence by you or anyone else's opinions - we have different one which makes us unique and lovely ... Much love ... <3

...."lol ... And plus I hadn't read your when posting as was writing mine at time ... Sorry ... Bet people were waiting for a verbal display of words ... Lol ..., xxxxx

Last edited:
.... if you want them done have them done, .. yes it's not typically a boy/man treatment but who wants to be typical anyway - how very boring ... !!!!

(... And as you've also said that it's complicated about a boy but not a boy etc etc ... and I'm not asking for you to explain - as again it's no ones business esp mine but I'm sure you already understand that people do judge ... !!!)

Def post a pic I'd like to see them too ... X

If you want me to explain I'd be more than happy to :) If anyone wants me to feel free to ask.

It's just that you've all been so nice to me and I feel I owe it to you to explain myself if you want to hear or were confused by it.

My aunt and I decided to go get pedicures when school is over and I asked her if I could get a manicure too and she said sure. I would like to get my nails done like this though: http://s3-media1.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/LmktVFgXPgdHIW3i45C0aQ/l.jpg

Would that be weird? I really want them done like that and I want my toes to be painted pink. Yes, I know I said I'm a boy and boy's don't normally do this but I'm technically not a boy. It's complicated but anyway, would it be okay to get them done that way? Thank you for your time and thank you for answering. Have a wonderful night.

You're asking on a forum of grown (mainly) women, many of them nail techs and the majority are saying "go for it, it's not weird" which is not surprising really. However, I'm guessing you're quite young (you go to school) and your peers may have a totally different view. I'm just pointing out that you're really actually not getting a fair representation of opinions on here. The one or 2 that expressed a difference of opinion here got pulled up, but actually yes it is "weird" a boy wanting French enhancements and pink toes, not something you're going to come across much in everyday life. Doesn't mean I'm saying don't do it. Do whatever will make YOU happy, just be prepared that you may get some abuse for it (and no, I don't think that's right either but it's just life unfortunately). Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

Technically your not a boy? Like a hermaphradite? NO OFFENCE BEFORE I GET SHOT DOWN

I find it strange that no one has asked the OP's age, as regardless of a clients gender, most of us would not apply a set of enhancements on anyone under 16.

As regards any personal disclosure here, or anyone trying to elicit any personal details maybe a timely reminder is required that this is the world wide web and viewable by everyone, and once its out there...its out there.

No. Okay, technically I am a boy I guess but I'm not one mentally if that makes sense. I'm transgender. So, physically a boy currently and mentally a girl. I know, it's complicated.

I read it as "when school is over" meaning the OP had finished school!

I don't think you need to explain anything - I would heed the advice of once it's out there, it's out there!

Good luck with your journey x

No, just the school year :) I still have school next year

You don't need to explain anything you are who you are sometimes people are born in the wrong bodies you doing nothing wrong enjoy your life being the person that makes you happy life is too short enjoy your nails :)

Thank you squidgernetball and thank you too candy86 :)

Thank you squidgernetball and thank you too candy86 :)

Fair enough and i apologise if i was harsh. I cant help who i am :) i can be a bit blunt and i am no way politically correct lol

Latest posts

Back