Would like some hair advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pisces26

Reaction score
wondering if anyone would be able to help me..
i want to grow my hair its barely hitting my shoulders when straightened but it's not a bob
i want a good shampoo that will help it to grow
i just bought a 3 month supply of hairburst but it doesnt seem to be doing much so far im also iron deficent and dont always take my tablets but im trying to cause i heard it can help with growth
i also bought rogaine one month supply for women but it doesnt seem to be doing much
ive tried castor oil and gone through a few bottles not much diff
ive tried to use ojon hair oil but it just weighs it down so i dont really use it
anything else i could do?

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering if anyone would be able to help me..
i want to grow my hair its barely hitting my shoulders when straightened but it's not a bob
i want a good shampoo that will help it to grow
i just bought a 3 month supply of hairburst but it doesnt seem to be doing much so far im also iron deficent and dont always take my tablets but im trying to cause i heard it can help with growth
i also bought rogaine one month supply for women but it doesnt seem to be doing much
ive tried castor oil and gone through a few bottles not much diff
ive tried to use ojon hair oil but it just weighs it down so i dont really use it
anything else i could do?

I have to say i dont believe there is any miracle growth for your hair. Just continue with a healthy diet to help your hair grow healthy. Hair grows on average 6 inches a year.... i doubt very much that any shampoo is going to make it grow any quicker

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

There isn't a shampoo that will make your hair grow faster. However keeping it in good condition, by using high quality hair care and having it trimmed regularly, will help the hair to grow healthier.

Is your hair fine? Sometimes with fine hair,it gets to a certain length and then appears to stop growing because it's reached the end of the growth cycle. Which unfortunately means your hair won't grow much longer x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

yeah i dont really eat that healthy but its not really bad either just fruit and veg i lack and meat cause im veg but i get protein from other stuff

yeah it is thin but i used to have really long hair cause id never get it cut. i just trimmed it myself the other day but i didnt take off too much. when u say it wont grow much longer what do u mean? so ill get half the average length a year
whats a good hair care product ive used tigi bedhead and while they smell nice dont really do a lot, i didnt really like redken.. ive used keratase deep conditioner it was ok. atm im just using whatever shampoo is in the house.

edit- i just looked it up and it said 3 months is that right? that sucks then cause the 3 month vit supply is gonna do nothing lol
and i wouldve liked to have got it trimmed in the salon professionaly but i bought some 10 pound hairdressing scissors off ebay and did it myself cause when i walked into a salon they said id have to take off about 3 inches otherwise its nonsense so i decided not to cause thatd leave me with it even shorter than it already is which i really dont want

Last edited:
yeah i dont really eat that healthy but its not really bad either just fruit and veg i lack and meat cause im veg but i get protein from other stuff

yeah it is thin but i used to have really long hair cause id never get it cut. i just trimmed it myself the other day but i didnt take off too much. when u say it wont grow much longer what do u mean? so ill get half the average length a year
whats a good hair care product ive used tigi bedhead and while they smell nice dont really do a lot, i didnt really like redken.. ive used keratase deep conditioner it was ok. atm im just using whatever shampoo is in the house.

edit- i just looked it up and it said 3 months is that right? that sucks then cause the 3 month vit supply is gonna do nothing lol
and i wouldve liked to have got it trimmed in the salon professionaly but i bought some 10 pound hairdressing scissors off ebay and did it myself cause when i walked into a salon they said id have to take off about 3 inches otherwise its nonsense so i decided not to cause thatd leave me with it even shorter than it already is which i really dont want

Sorry, you bought £10 scissors from eBay and cut it yourself? Is this a joke? Haha

Sorry, you bought £10 scissors from eBay and cut it yourself? Is this a joke? Haha

Lmaooo i wondered if we were being had for a minute 🙈

How long are you using the decent professional shampoos for? You need to give them chance to work... they dont just work overnight . You need to keep it in good condition not walk round with 3 inches worth or knackered ends lol

How long are you using the decent professional shampoos for? You need to give them chance to work... they dont just work overnight . You need to keep it in good condition not walk round with 3 inches worth or knackered ends lol

until they ran out so i went through two lots of tigi products, one lot of redken
not really sure what type to go for would rather have some impartial advice rather than go into a salon and be sold whatever brands they stock i mean im sure they all work but ive been told mixed things like redken has more in it than tigi (and i actually pref the tigi after trying both)
yeah i know but to be honest my hair is wrecked all over.. apart from the new regrowth at the roots its all wrecked, that would mean cutting it extremely short ive kind of accepted that im never not gonna have split ends

until they ran out so i went through two lots of tigi products, one lot of redken
not really sure what type to go for would rather have some impartial advice rather than go into a salon and be sold whatever brands they stock
yeah i know but to be honest my hair is wrecked all over.. apart from the new regrowth at the roots its all wrecked, that would mean cutting it extremely short

Why is it wrecked? Kerestase is the best one id say

Why is it wrecked? Kerestase is the best one id say

its not as bad as it was but i was bleaching it around 2013 and i also lost my hair because my straightners caught flame and it frizzled it off basically and then when i was bleaching it itd get shorter and shorter when styling etc
i havent used bleach since bout april 2014 been dying it myself with superdrug blonde colour and it was looking dark blonde/light brown for a while and then i got it coloured at a salon before christmas and they made it a medium brown now it looks light brown.. not sure what to do in between though cause i really cant afford the prices
which keratase the green one?

its not as bad as it was but i was bleaching it around 2013 and i also lost my hair because my straightners caught flame and it frizzled it off basically and then when i was bleaching it itd get shorter and shorter when styling etc
i havent used bleach since bout april 2014 been dying it myself with superdrug blonde colour and it was looking dark blonde/light brown for a while and then i got it coloured at a salon before christmas and they made it a medium brown now it looks light brown.. not sure what to do in between though cause i really cant afford the prices

Oh god im not sure the shampoo will do anythingnif its that bad...

Collegen tablets! I was taking them for my skin, but the difference to my hair and nails was incredible! It definitely encouraged the growth of both, didn't really want that as it meant I needed both my hair and nails done more frequently.

Shave it off and start again lol, that hair has had its day!

Collegen tablets! I was taking them for my skin, but the difference to my hair and nails was incredible! It definitely encouraged the growth of both, didn't really want that as it meant I needed both my hair and nails done more frequently.

which ones do you take? holland and barrett?

and lol i cant do that
what semi perm would u recommend tho? i can get to sallys or just any in boots etc

which ones do you take? holland and barrett?

and lol i cant do that
what semi perm would u recommend tho? i can get to sallys or just any in boots etc

No home colours.no doing it yourself.... go to the hairdressers.

^ what about the tubes from sallys instead then which are the best
i can buy the tinting brushes etc
its not colour correction so it shouldnt be too difficult to maintain a brown colour should it?
going to the hairdresser isnt always an option if u need to think of money which sucks

My friend used horse shampoo and it made her hair grow and thicken. She is very into horses so knew what she was doing but it really did work, she also said it smelt nice a bit coconuty! I hope this helps x

My friend used horse shampoo and it made her hair grow and thicken. She is very into horses so knew what she was doing but it really did work, she also said it smelt nice a bit coconuty! I hope this helps x

Omg, this thread just gets better 😂😂😂😵

If you don't have the money to look after you're hair, then don't colour your hair!

Aw 😩 please!!!!

Right! Stop colouring it yourself! You are damaging it a lot more that you think! A simple brown is going over the top of very damaged hair, the bleach is still under there!!

For financially limited customers I would recomend going to a college salon, they will usually do the color for around £10-£15 they use professional products and are supervised by tutors! If u go to sallys you'll spend that and more probably!

As for the thickness you could try a product called nixoxin, it's a professional product so does cost a lot but is the current leader in the market for thin hair, there no way to make your hair grow any faster but the fact you have roots that need touching up clearley shows your hair IS growing!

Please stop home colouring and consider having a bit more cut off the ends, I'm aware you don't want short hair but with hair when the hair breaks or splits at the ends that brake will continue up the hair shaft if not removed! Which means your hair continues to get thinner as it's all snapping off, human hairs growth cycles vary massively from person to person so 1 hair on your head might only grow for 2 years and then fall out (naturally) while other people's hair cucle lasts much longer I.e 7 years before falling out, perfect example is my hair it's thin & falls out at around 2 years so I can grow it to shoulder length but no further and my daughters hair grows down past her bottom and is thick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back