Would like some hair advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, this thread just gets better 😂😂😂😵

If you don't have the money to look after you're hair, then don't colour your hair!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh good god 🙈

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Aw 😩 please!!!!

Right! Stop colouring it yourself! You are damaging it a lot more that you think! A simple brown is going over the top of very damaged hair, the bleach is still under there!!

For financially limited customers I would recomend going to a college salon, they will usually do the color for around £10-£15 they use professional products and are supervised by tutors! If u go to sallys you'll spend that and more probably!

As for the thickness you could try a product called nixoxin, it's a professional product so does cost a lot but is the current leader in the market for thin hair, there no way to make your hair grow any faster but the fact you have roots that need touching up clearley shows your hair IS growing!

Please stop home colouring and consider having a bit more cut off the ends, I'm aware you don't want short hair but with hair when the hair breaks or splits at the ends that brake will continue up the hair shaft if not removed! Which means your hair continues to get thinner as it's all snapping off, human hairs growth cycles vary massively from person to person so 1 hair on your head might only grow for 2 years and then fall out (naturally) while other people's hair cucle lasts much longer I.e 7 years before falling out, perfect example is my hair it's thin & falls out at around 2 years so I can grow it to shoulder length but no further and my daughters hair grows down past her bottom and is thick

Well said Kahuna I second you with nioxin!

thanks for the tips bout products
but i still don't really see the difference between home dyes and salon dyes assuming the dye you buy has no amonia what is the difference that makes the salon ones better? apart from the fact they part it and brush it on more evenly
and the prices are still high considering u get regrowth every month where i am for college prices ur looking at 10 for semi perm (which is ok but if its gonna just fade kind of pointless) and 20+ perm
doesnt anyone use salon services products unless mobile? tbh all the hairdressers i go to seem to use loreal or wella are they not as good as the ones sallys do
i got perm in dec in a salon with a treatment and rough dry and that came to like 80 something and my colour faded out within 2/3 weeks. its still darker than what it was initially but it shows none of them really last :/
plus i really werent happy when i got it done cause it was way darker than what i wanted
its a bit too late to say dont colour it cause i already have

Last edited:
but i still don't really see the difference between home dyes and salon dyes assuming the dye you buy has no amonia what is the difference that makes the salon ones better? apart from the fact they part it and brush it on more evenly
and the prices are still high considering u get regrowth every month where i am for college prices ur looking at 10 for semi perm (which is ok but if its gonna just fade kind of pointless) and 20+ perm
doesnt anyone use salon services products unless mobile? tbh all the hairdressers i go to seem to use loreal or wella are they not as good as the ones sallys do
i got perm in dec in a salon with a treatment and rough dry and that came to like 80 something and my colour faded out within 2/3 weeks. its still darker than what it was initially but it shows none of them really last :/
plus i really werent happy when i got it done cause it was way darker than what i wanted

That's where your wrong, semi permanent will be bettter for your hair because it's been lightened.

But you wouldn't know that. So stop colouring your own hair, colour knowledge is so in depth, if you want to look good,go to a salon, if you want to look rubbish, have hair that snaps off, and goes green, boots is always open :)

Ok, I'm not a hairdresser so can't professionally help you there. But coming from an outside perspective and meaning no awfulness here,you seem to be contradicting yourself and not seeing it yourself.
Ok so your wanting a hairdressers opinion but not willing to pay for this by going to a salon, right understandable you cant afford, you've been offered good advice to go to a college as they have the knowledge just new, but you dont want to go and rather do it yourself but your wanting advice on what to use?

Sorry hunny but you need to head the advice given previously by pros. YOU cannot save your hair with thinking like you are. If you persist to do your own colour ontop of previous theres a build up so you are making it worse with what you put on, see if you go to a salon/college they can say whats best, i personally never knew that putting a dark colour ontop of bleach never helped, i always presumed colour is best for your hair but not always the case. You could just get your roots done, highlights etc and cut off any dead ends and grow your hair but it has to be RIGHT. Dont think you can do everything yourself, you cant, you want your hair and doing right you pay for professional advice/knowledge NOT just the products.
I even know from years taking notice of my trusted hairdresser that any darker colour ontop of light will not stick the first time, It will take numerous times as it will fade quickly, thats what putting dark ontop of a light does, especially damaged hair ! Just think of it this way, would you really stop going to your doctors or dentist because you have google and can diagnose yourself ? No of course not, because they've studied years and know what there doing. X

That's where your wrong, semi permanent will be bettter for your hair because it's been lightened.

But you wouldn't know that. So stop colouring your own hair, colour knowledge is so in depth, if you want to look good,go to a salon, if you want to look rubbish, have hair that snaps off, and goes green, boots is always open :)

yeah i have read semi perm is better for condition but i meant better for colour lasting
cause if its fading within 2 weeks it just seems ridic

Ok, I'm not a hairdresser so can't professionally help you there. But coming from an outside perspective and meaning no awfulness here,you seem to be contradicting yourself and not seeing it yourself.
Ok so your wanting a hairdressers opinion but not willing to pay for this by going to a salon, right understandable you cant afford, you've been offered good advice to go to a college as they have the knowledge just new, but you dont want to go and rather do it yourself but your wanting advice on what to use?

Sorry hunny but you need to head the advice given previously by pros. YOU cannot save your hair with thinking like you are. If you persist to do your own colour ontop of previous theres a build up so you are making it worse with what you put on, see if you go to a salon/college they can say whats best, i personally never knew that putting a dark colour ontop of bleach never helped, i always presumed colour is best for your hair but not always the case. You could just get your roots done, highlights etc and cut off any dead ends and grow your hair but it has to be RIGHT. Dont think you can do everything yourself, you cant, you want your hair and doing right you pay for professional advice/knowledge NOT just the products.
I even know from years taking notice of my trusted hairdresser that any darker colour ontop of light will not stick the first time, It will take numerous times as it will fade quickly, thats what putting dark ontop of a light does, especially damaged hair ! Just think of it this way, would you really stop going to your doctors or dentist because you have google and can diagnose yourself ? No of course not, because they've studied years and know what there doing. X

Thankyou. Its very hard to get non-pros to see things from our perspective. We don't train for nothing

yeah i have read semi perm is better for condition but i meant better for colour lasting

Your hair shouldve been pre pigged before you went dark. Bit late now though

And permanent won't last 2 days in damaged hair! Hahah

im not saying i dont value the advice i just think that if u know what colour u want and u dont want to change it it is possible to learn how to do it urself (i did give an option of professional products not just home dyes)
im not saying id go do highlights on myself or anything complicated i just want to maintain a colour

Your hair shouldve been pre pigged before you went dark. Bit late now though

what's that?
what happened was i picked a warm brown cause they though the ash would look flat it came out red looking so they redid it with another darker colour and now its not dark at all cause it faded
but yeah i was really unhappy with both colours and i did say i didnt want it red or dark

That's the most ignorant attitude I've ever come across, we are proffesionals helping you understand the reasons behind your problems and you act like you know better. What do u want us to say? Yes go to sallys! ☺️ yes apply this colour to YOUR hair yourself using this colour with this peroxide for this length of time ☺️

I just would like say if you keep colouring it yourself with a I don't see the difference attitude then crack on and see where it gets you ☺️ one day you will look back re read and appreciate the advice you were given here today

im not saying i dont value the advice i just think that if u know what colour u want and u dont want to change it it is possible to learn how to do it urself (i did give an option of professional products not just home dyes)
im not saying id go do highlights on myself or anything complicated i just want to maintain a colour

Its not possible to learn the theory of colour by yourself. Is possible to plonk on a professional colour from the warehouse yourself yes. The colour wont hold if your hair is in as bad condition as you say.... you have two options 1)go see a professional so they can help you with treatments for the condition etc...or...2) leave it alone

Yea go to college for 3 years then u can learn for yourself :)

That's the most ignorant attitude I've ever come across, we are proffesionals helping you understand the reasons behind your problems and you act like you know better. What do u want us to say? Yes go to sallys! ☺️ yes apply this colour to YOUR hair yourself using this colour with this peroxide for this length of time ☺️

I just would like say if you keep colouring it yourself with a I don't see the difference attitude then crack on and see where it gets you ☺️ one day you will look back re read and appreciate the advice you were given here today

im not i just want to learn how to do one colour myself cause they never get the colour i want even when i do go to salon

So go to college

Its not possible to learn the theory of colour by yourself. Is possible to plonk on a professional colour from the warehouse yourself yes. The colour wont hold if your hair is in as bad condition as you say.... you have two options 1)go see a professional so they can help you with treatments for the condition etc...or...2) leave it alone

thanks
i recently got a treatment done with steam done in a salon bout a week ago and it did make it softer but it hasnt really strengthened much

thanks
i recently got a treatment done with steam done in a salon bout a week ago and it did make it softer but it hasnt really strengthened much

Youll need a course of them

It isn't possible. You cannot do your own colour without the knowledge an practise takes years for hairdressers to master. You do it yourself, all im saying is you cant do it yourself to maintain a colour without compromising the integrity of your own hairs health. I mean, I mean not to be awful, but do you even understand the hair cycle ? The cuticle and the layers what made up of ? Do you know what the cortex and medula are for ? I only know the names from studying Beauty but this is the stuff the pros know.

If you don't know what products to use on your own hair and you don't know to keep your hair in good condition what chances do you have of messing around with products that are best left to pros for a reason. X

Thankyou. Its very hard to get non-pros to see things from our perspective. We don't train for nothing

Thanks, just an outside perspective and experience from myself (used a box bleach before and ruined my own 18'19 hair 🙈😭) Never again ! Realised and learnt my lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back