Writing a privacy policy for the new GDPR

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mane Goddess

Reaction score
I have no idea where to begin with this, I will be doing a course to make sure I’m gdpr compliant but in the meantime I need a privacy policy for my website, can anyone help?

I’m recommending Iubenda.com to my clients which works out around £25/yr.

To be truly 100% compliant you’d want a third party service on your site taking care of stuff but the look/cost make it impractical and pointless for most.

Brill thankyou! I’ve not idea about all of this but I know it needs doing as soon as.

I booked out Tuesday to aim for GDPR compliance. It was pretty straightforward and took us a lot less time than anticipated. There’s a lot of help on the ICO website.

Vic x

I booked out Tuesday to aim for GDPR compliance. It was pretty straightforward and took us a lot less time than anticipated. There’s a lot of help on the ICO website.

Vic x

Thankyou! I just have no idea where to start, I think a course would be better for me. I really have no idea and I want to make sure I do it right

I have just read, not sure if I’m correct but we now have to pay a date protection fee?

I think it depends. We have cctv so we’re paying anyway x

Ah I see, I’ll have to look into it I’m only mobile

The data protection fee 'should' be paid practically by every business in the country however you can tell by the very few who do that it depends if you want to basically.

Has anyone got a GDPR privacy policy note they could send me? All my record cards are hand written and I can’t work out what I need to write in a statement for the client to sign? Many thanks :) xxx

[merged thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got a GDPR privacy policy note they could send me? All my record cards are hand written and I can’t work out what I need to write in a statement for the client to sign? Many thanks :) xxx

[merged thread]

I need one too Hun if you get hold of one let me know x

I am after one aswell

Has anyone had any luck with wording for GDPR on consultation forms - I have made my own as the standard ones you can buy do not provide all information required and I want to add working onto mine too?

Carly xx

Latest posts

Back