Yellow Hair :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsayxx

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,

Ok so i have a hair disaster :( I needed my roots doing, and was being impatient, so because my hairdresser couldnt fit me in, I asked a friend (who did hairdressing and has done my hair before with no problem, Im not totally crazy haha) she bleached it and long story short Im now left with REALLY yellow/orange hair :cry: Im gutted.

Went to see my hairdresser yesterday and she had a look, basically said if she corrected it it would go even blonder (which I dont want). So now Ive decided I may aswell use the disaster to be brave and go darker. But I have no idea if I can?! If I have a full head of colour, will it even come out right putting it over yellow hair?! I have no idea how it works of what to ask for. I was thinking the reddy-brown which everyone has at the moment (a la Amy Childs). Is it as simple as putting a colour over it or is that just wishful thinking?

Any advice appreciated :( xx

Hiya everyone,

Ok so i have a hair disaster :( I needed my roots doing, and was being impatient, so because my hairdresser couldnt fit me in, I asked a friend (who did hairdressing and has done my hair before with no problem, Im not totally crazy haha) she bleached it and long story short Im now left with REALLY yellow/orange hair :cry: Im gutted.

Went to see my hairdresser yesterday and she had a look, basically said if she corrected it it would go even blonder (which I dont want). So now Ive decided I may aswell use the disaster to be brave and go darker. But I have no idea if I can?! If I have a full head of colour, will it even come out right putting it over yellow hair?! I have no idea how it works of what to ask for. I was thinking the reddy-brown which everyone has at the moment (a la Amy Childs). Is it as simple as putting a colour over it or is that just wishful thinking?

Any advice appreciated :( xx

Hi whatever you do, don't use a box colour yourself or let your friend do it. (you've already had one disaster) Speak to your hairdresser explain you now want to go dark and they will give you your options. Please remember once you go dark it will be harder to get your hair light again, ie will take longer and cost more to do it right, without knackering your hair. They might even be able to put a toner on to help improve the colour but without seeing your hair and knowing what colour you was/are etc... it is very hard to say.

Latest posts

Back