Yellow/orange hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
Hi

I need Some advice on my hair,ihav had 3 lots of highlights but I'm not sure how I achieve a more cool tone of hair, my hairdresser told me to keep putting purple shampoo on to tone it down but it's not doing much, I have been looking at all the toners etc n it's so confusing I don't really know what to ask for if I go back, I need to know what level my hair is, is it light enough for toner I think it's level 8?? But what happens to the orangy darker bits at the front, will I need more bleach as I don't really want to do that

Please help me understand where my hair is and what I need to get done I'm so confused

Thank

Jess

Attachments

• _20160927_152644.JPG
    _20160927_152644.JPG
    905.2 KB · Views: 79
  • _20160927_152749.JPG
    _20160927_152749.JPG
    649.5 KB · Views: 67
Sorry but unless you are a professional then you won't get any advice on here. Best thing to do is to go back to your hairdresser and go through the shade chart to show her what you are thinking.
Also bare in mind that sometimes the cool ash white tones are maybe not achievable in one sitting.

Your hair is too orange/yellow for even purple shampoo to do anything about... Your hairdresser should be able to discuss with you your options, on how to get to the colour look you want if she is experienced enough

Thanks for your replies, I'm not a hairdresser I'm just wanting some advice as what I achievable, as u have said ash tones may take a couple of sittings, I think I am more wanting it to be even colour and just not so bright , I don't want to bleach it again

Bleach is perfectly fine to use in the hands of an experienced colourist, so don't be afraid if it's recommended.

However, going by the pictures, your hair looks pretty dry and damaged. You might be better off asking your hairdresser to tone it down a bit to a darker blonde and having some Olaplex and moisturising treatments for a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back