You tube and blogs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallpap

Reaction score
I've noticed a huge amount of beauty blogs and you tube /v logs out there.
Whilst I love to waffle on to all that would listen about beauty and my job would anyone actually be interested???
Do you have a blog or Vlog or you tube
Is it fun?
What are your links?

I have one Made by Charli | British Nail Art Blog When I qualify Im gonna update and but my business stuff on it too and keep the blog side up. Ive actually had a lot of interest from it, I get invited to work at events and to test products. It is a lot of work though, but I enjoy it.

Having a website made with a blog on and doing YouTube vids is extremely beneficial to SEO - getting you higher in google. If you blog great content regularly it shows you are relevant and fresh.

I have always wondered about the benefits of YouTube!! Xx

I have you tube videos linked to my site and blog from my site too. As Banner Penguin says all help with the ranking.

I'm a You Tube Partner and beauty blogger (liverpoollashes.co.uk)

It depends how much commitment you have for it, you won't know until you try but believe me when I say it's VERY time consuming.

I've been doing this for over four years now and I love it but it can be difficult x

I didn't realise! I'm awful at all the technical side of things, but good to know!! Xx

Thank you so much for your reply
Liverpool lashes - what made you start blogging and you tube and what is it that makes you keep it up?
X

Thank you so much for your reply
Liverpool lashes - what made you start blogging and you tube and what is it that makes you keep it up?
X

I started off over four years ago as a call centre worker with an interest in nail art. I also like the creativity that making You Tube videos gives me, I can literally do what I like with them.

I still enjoy making them and even though I have since left my job and became a nail technician, beauty therapist and hairdresser, it's become part of my day to day life as I've gained a following of over 14,000 subscribers with my videos now reaching nearly four million views. (I myself can't believe it, no matter how many times I say it)

My aim has always been to help others. Since I now know what it's like to train and learn a completely new skill, I have a lot of newbies that follow me and look for advice. I even have a whole section of my website for advice for them.

I also adore the interact with my followers, mainly through my Facebook page (Facebook.com/liverpoollasheskaren) as since I've come so far in this time I've built a relationship with a lot of businesses such as Creative Academy Manchester and Julia allows me to preview the Shellac collections before their launch so I can inform everyone of what they're like, etc.

I think some think that you can just start a channel and a blog and you'll wake up with thousands of subscribers / followers but it doesn't work that way at all. I don't mean that to sound negative but I mean you truly have to do it because you love it, not because brands will give you freebies / pay you to work with them. This level takes a lot to get to.

I hope this helps somehow? I definitely say go for it if you truly feel a passion for it! x

Thank you so much for a truthful and inspirational reply xx

Hi guys
I currently have a blog and will hopefully be branching into YouTube very soon come have a look

Www.beautyxfi.com

Thanks guys
Fi
Xx

Hi guys
I currently have a blog and will hopefully be branching into YouTube very soon come have a look

Www.beautyxfi.com

Thanks guys
Fi
Xx

I'm wanting to start my own blog, could you tell me how you started yours please x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm wanting to start my own blog, could you tell me how you started yours please x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey, I had a blog on Wordpress for a while and that's how I started off and then when I wanted it to be a bit more professional I got myself a domain name but the Wordpress sites are perfect for a blog!! I was just ambitious I think lol once you've an idea just write down the kind of posts you want and try to stick to a specific day to upload them cause people like consistency with these things!!

Best of luck!!!

Latest posts

Back