Young Nails Protein Bond - do you use with L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can make Gel Polish a nightmare to remove, use wisely and only on the nails that lift.

Gel Polish lifting is rare, where does it lift from? If its cuticle have you checked your cuticle removal prep?
It lifts from the free edge I cap the ends...but then I don't know if she uses gloves etc ...I tell my clients but they all think gel polish is bullet proof...but that is if they treat it with respect ( so to speak) ....I also have clients that have oilier nail plates so was hoping it would help with that too?!?!? X

I endlessly tried different primers for years and felt that they made no difference and I still had alot of clients with alot of lifting then I had heard alot about protein bond so I decided to take the plunge and 3 years later I've not changed primer once, its by far the best I've ever used and ever will use. I now have no clients with lifting at all

I endlessly tried different primers for years and felt that they made no difference and I still had alot of clients with alot of lifting then I had heard alot about protein bond so I decided to take the plunge and 3 years later I've not changed primer once, its by far the best I've ever used and ever will use. I now have no clients with lifting at all
Wow Thankyou...I started using it last week so time will time....I have my fingers crossed and my legs in hope that it works...it drives me up the wall when lifting happens...some of my clients it's can last 4weeks and others not...I do the same prep so I can only put it down to after care...(some of which there is non!! ) or that some people's nails just don't hold gel as well!!! But I live in hope!!! Fingers crossed it works Thankyou you have made me feel more hopeful xx

I've never used the protein bond, but curious and may try it, do you apply it on the whole nail or just say the free edge? Would you use it for everyone or just the problem clients?

If you use this primer on an l&p client would you replace your systems primer with this one for that service or use it after that primer? x

For those who ordered their PB directly from the young nails website how long did it take to reach you?

I've started using protein bond under shellac for a few clients who struggle to get 2 weeks out of their nails. They are hard on their nails but I've found protein bond definitely helps them get longer. I have found removal can take slightly longer, maybe 5 mins.

For those who ordered their PB directly from the young nails website how long did it take to reach you?

I ordered it on a Monday evening and had it by Thursday morning.

I ordered it too and it was quick delivery

I think this will help.. I also ordered mine last Friday night and got it on Wednesday morning that was with normal p&p hope the video helps x

I've never used the protein bond, but curious and may try it, do you apply it on the whole nail or just say the free edge? Would you use it for everyone or just the problem clients?
Put a video on to help you x

If you use this primer on an l&p client would you replace your systems primer with this one for that service or use it after that primer? x
Yes you use it instead of your old primer x

Would just like to say this really dose work...2 of my clients that can not keep gel polish on!!!! Can now[emoji12] whoop whoop fabulous!! X

Wow Thankyou...I started using it last week so time will time....I have my fingers crossed and my legs in hope that it works...it drives me up the wall when lifting happens...some of my clients it's can last 4weeks and others not...I do the same prep so I can only put it down to after care...(some of which there is non!! ) or that some people's nails just don't hold gel as well!!! But I live in hope!!! Fingers crossed it works Thankyou you have made me feel more hopeful xx

I am glad I've managed to help you! Don't lose faith!

Sorry for jumping on the post but I've just purchased pb... Do I use this instead of my old primer and when do I apply? Before or after I've applied tips? Xx

Sorry for jumping on the post but I've just purchased pb... Do I use this instead of my old primer and when do I apply? Before or after I've applied tips? Xx

After tips, it's the last thing you do before applying your product (L&P or Gel) - if you do it before tips the dust from blending will get stuck in it.

Is this similar to Fuse supplied by Cuccio does anyone know?
I get one client who has 2 fingers that lift every single time so thinking I might try this out with her but don't want to over 'bond' :confused:

Thank you trinity, after posting I read it leaves a sticky surface. Had a dim moment lol xx

Latest posts

Back