Your Brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jindalee

Reaction score
  1. What sort of brush do you use? (By a nail manufacturer or artist's brush? What brand?)
  2. What size is your brush?
  3. Do you use one for all your enhancement services or do you have specific brushes for specific uses?

4. Which brush do you think is the best?
  5. How much would you pay for a brush?
  6. Do you think your present brush is crap or worth its weight in gold?
Trying to find my Brush Nirvana. My thanks to all who respond.

Why not take a look at the Brush Control tutorials under the premium geeks tutorials section of the site.

You will learn allot there on what you should be looking for in your brush and how to get the most out of it.

Creative Master Series Prostyler for me and the Ultra Sculptor Crystal handle.

Saw those, Geeg. :)

I'm comfortable with the way I handle a brush and am pretty happy with the one I have. Was just interested in what the others out there had/thought/wanted.

Cheers,

J.

What sort of brush do you use? (By a nail manufacturer or artist's brush? What brand?)
I use a Cnd brush for L&p, And a EZ-Flow brush for Gel
What size is your brush?
My L&P Brush is a CND ultra sculptor.
Do you use one for all your enhancement services or do you have specific brushes for specific uses?

I have different brush's, It would be impossiable to use a L&P brush for gel.
Which brush do you think is the best?
For L&P its cnd for me. For gel EZ-Flow
How much would you pay for a brush?
Alot because crappy brushes don't make nice nails.
Do you think your present brush is crap or worth its weight in gold?
My brushes are like little buddies who help me do my job so yep they are worth their weight in gold.

Just discovered a No 8 Kolinski is brilliant for sculpting, helps me to form a nice smile line. I used to use a small square brush for l&p, but now that I have discovered this No 8 I dont know how on earth I managed to do it with the small one as it does not hold enough monomer in the belly of the brush. So I am converted to my No 8 now.

I have a range of brushes for the gel, and tend to pick up whatever one I feel suits the nail size and taks I am doing at the time.

I also use size 8 kolinsky and have to say I love her to bits!!!!!!!!!

Donna

I'm bumping this thread up because I'm curious to hear what others use, too...

I realized recently (as a newly practicing tech) that I have been using way too small beads with L&P. I have been using the standard Creative Crystal Touch Kolinsky brush that comes with the professional pack. However, I have bought the Creative Ultra Sculptor because it holds more monomer and therefore I should be able to pick up larger beads, which will hopefully help me put down my product faster and neater... we'll see, I have yet to practice with it... I actually read it here that many were happy with the Ultra...

:)

Katy

What sort of brush do you use? (By a nail manufacturer or artist's brush?
What brand?)

I use an EzFlow #508 Grand Artist Oval brush for l&p, EzFlow Gel It #907 Professional Gel Brush for gel
What size is your brush?#508 is size 8, #907 is size 7
Do you use one for all your enhancement services or do you have specific brushes for specific uses?
i use the #508 for all my l&p work from perfect p&w to design nails and 3d designs like flowers etc...
i use my #907 for gel
Which brush do you think is the best?
it has to be my #508.... its my no.1 tool.... i treat it v well and look after it
i used to use a round brush but ive totally got use to using a flat oval brush now.... it got a round EzFlow #308 at excel to see id i like a round brush again and to be honest i used it once and thought na i like my #508 better so the poor wee #308 is all snug in its cover waiting for a rainy day....lol
How much would you pay for a brush?
i think id pay anything up to abt £50-60 for a good brush
the #508 is £33.30 plus vat...(ithink)...i dunno how much the #907 is as i got mine in my gel it kit
Do you think your present brush is crap or worth its weight in gold?
totally worth its weight in gold for sure

Jess
xox

I love my Creative prostyler brush, it cost me about £50 , good thing is that you can change the head on it when ever you need to for a mere £17 or so. I personally wouldn't use anything else.

I think your brush is a very personal thing. We all have preferences and sometimes it's worth trying different brushes to see what works for you. My brushes work with me, I trained them and I don't like anyone else using them.
Them - yes I have several, probably too many! :lol: And I like them all for different reasons.
CND Ultra Sculptor x 2 - round ferule, fairly pointed,probably about size 10
CND Master Series Pro Styler - round ferule, squarish end, size 8ish
EZ Flow 508 - pinched ferrule, oval size 8
ONS Pro Comp - round size 8
ONS Design Sculpt - round size 4
The Edge round size 6
The size 4 & 6 I use for detail work like 3d, I find they work better for me but others are happy to do that sort of work with a size 8.
As for cost, I don't think any of my brushes have cost too much.

P.S. Just remembered I bought the Entity Studio sculpting brush at Olympia!
Think I have a brush fetush! :lol:

I use the brush recommended by the manufacturer, and I have a differernt brush for each liquid I use. Once my brush has been introduced to a monomer, they are friends for life and become dedicated until the death of the brush. Most good brushes run about $30 -35 usd and are well worth the investment.
Some things to look for in a brush, bristles that are glued as well as crimped into the ferule, a flag no longer that a quarter of an inch with a nice swell to the belly and hairs that are sleek and smooth. There shouldn't be stray hairs poking out. The major manufacturer's have spent all kinds of time and money researching to make sure that their brush will hold the correct amount of liquid for their powder so that you have product control.
I have brushes from almost all the companies, and as long as I follow manufacturer's directions, it's the best brush for the system. Having said that, my favorite is the master sculptor by Creative Nail, follwed by the EZ Flow 508 I don't use much OPI any longer, but they have some nice brushes as well. (I'll admit to having a brush fetish, and I'm a little obsessed with how they are cared for):o

Latest posts

Back