Your experiences of beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy.Beauty

Reaction score
I used to have a very different career plan, but now I am well set on my way to becoming a beauty therapist, and then hopefully the sky will be the limit! But I'm eager to know more about the industry - can anyone tell me about their experiences working in different areas of the beauty industry, what went well and what you might advise not to do? i am especially in interested in the stories of anyone who's worked outside of the UK, but I would find any experiences helpful :)

I used to have a very different career plan, but now I am well set on my way to becoming a beauty therapist, and then hopefully the sky will be the limit! But I'm eager to know more about the industry - can anyone tell me about their experiences working in different areas of the beauty industry, what went well and what you might advise not to do? i am especially in interested in the stories of anyone who's worked outside of the UK, but I would find any experiences helpful :)

It is a very broad question you are asking, everyone's experience is different. What might have been a wrong move for one, could have been a right move for the other. Would you really follow an advise of what not to do based on anyone's experience? You need to understand we all are in different regions and you can only apply that bit of advice so much. Think big, think your location, local competition, read advice on marketing your business, buit ultimately, make your own conclusion regarding the way you structure your business based on all these factors.

For me spending the first 7 years in my beauty career working in a very busy high street salon was the best experience! I left college at 18 and went straight in to full time employment, you gain confidence quick as you are doing treatments all day, you speed up on your treatment times, you learn from other therapists around you picking up different and sometimes easier ways of doing treatments than what you was taught at college. These are just some of the good points of working for someone else when you first qualify.

It has now given me the confidence to set up on my own and has given me a very good client base :)

Latest posts

Back