zit city!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
Please help someone!!

Since giving up smoking my body is dealing with getting rid of the toxins via zits not coughing etc.

Im drinking loads of water, cleanse tone moisturise and still my skin thinks it is in its teens again. I have oily skin normally but it has dry patches also and my scalp is the same.

Is there any essential oils or something I can use? it is getting a tad embarrassing especially when I have clients and can't really wear a balaclava.

I took me years to sort out my skin as i suffered when I was young and know this! it is really getting me down. Look forward to any help

Take care xx

Johnson's baby wipes. don't use oils if your skin is oily. whenever i get a spot i wipe it with a johnson's baby wipe and hey presto, almost gone in the morning. i use them to clean my make up off and i hardly suffer from them anymore (i used to get a really spotty chin once a month!). they have to be johnson's tho (the ones with aloe vera are nice) because the other brands don't work. don't ask me whats in them, i stumbled upon the cure by accident. use them especially before you go to bed and don't put anything on after you've used them. hope they work for you as well as they do for me.

one word......................ooops ok maybe its two

tea tree
marvelous stuff.................if you can get the australian body care ....not avon or suchlike...............all the better it worked wonders on my hubby..........brill stuff....never leave home without it !!!

amb x

Hi,

Skin Doctor's Zit Zapper is really good.

River

hi hun

ive just had bad attacks of spots too, so i ditched my cleanser toner and went back onto 'simple' face wipes, i have a beautician friend who told me face wipes were bad so i swopped and got spots so ive gone back to em. also i changed my fabric conditioner back to what i used to use and i have no spots now!

i know how you feel, you feel like you're reverting back to the days of being 16 again:Scared: wouldnt thank you for that!

if all fails try tea tree like amber says, its fab and speeds up the healing process.....and resist picking although know its hard not to!

I think that the reason you got spots is beacuase your skin is going through a healing crisis at the minute because you have changed what you are using. This happens to me but I go dry instead of greasy.
I would reccommend that oyu use professional skin ranges. That will treat you particular skin condition. Facial wipes can sometimes be for all skin types which is not that way to go.
If you persever with your new products then I would say your skin will be so much better!

HTH! xx

smiler13334 said:
Please help someone!!

Since giving up smoking my body is dealing with getting rid of the toxins via zits not coughing etc.

Im drinking loads of water, cleanse tone moisturise and still my skin thinks it is in its teens again. I have oily skin normally but it has dry patches also and my scalp is the same.

Is there any essential oils or something I can use? it is getting a tad embarrassing especially when I have clients and can't really wear a balaclava.

I took me years to sort out my skin as i suffered when I was young and know this! it is really getting me down. Look forward to any help

Take care xx

I agree with Tilly Ann with the use of professional products.
Dont use any old thing on your face.

The same thing is happening to me, but not from quitting cigarettes. At least you know why you are getting spots, I'm not sure why I'm getting mine. ...

I've just changed from Clinique to a skincare range called Nimue. Check out their website and speak to Sassy Hassy on this site who stocks to stuff.

Might be my imagination, but I've been using the stuff for about 2 weeks and my skintone has changed. Obviously with time, I guess, the spots will go away too!

Keep on drinking loads of water, watch what you eat and take vitamin supplements as well.

All this thing about not using wipes... i actually look better in the morning if i use wipes to take off my make up. i say, whatever works for you, stick with it.

ADiva1 said:
I agree with Tilly Ann with the use of professional products. I'm not keen on wipes. I think your face should be washed and cleansed thoroughly.

Dont use any old thing on your face.

The same thing is happening to me, but not from quitting cigarettes. At least you know why you are getting spots, I'm not sure why I'm getting mine. ...

I've just changed from Clinique to a skincare range called Nimue. Check out their website and speak to Sassy Hassy on this site who stocks to stuff.

Might be my imagination, but I've been using the stuff for about 2 weeks and my skintone has changed. Obviously with time, I guess, the spots will go away too!

Keep on drinking loads of water, watch what you eat and take vitamin supplements as well.

You beat me to it ADiva!...I was also going to recommend NIMUE skincare products....they sound ideal for this, as some of the products for problematic skin contain Tea Tree ....I too have been using them (although I have environmentally damaged skin!) and have been trained about the product range.....Smiler you should give it a try!!

Definately tea tree, or Dove worked a treat for me and my combinatin skin before.

Love and hugs

I would highly recommend using Liz Earle Spot On for an instant result from natural treatment oils - no synthetics. clicky here
HTH
KxXx

Thank you all so much for your advise:hug: Been really busy last few days which is great, but my face get so oily during the day its embarrasing!

I have been reading up on nimue and heard some cool things about it. I like the idea of the machine that can read your skin so to speak, as I have never really been sure what skin type I am!

I have tried spot on but although Liz earle stuff is gorgeous my skin didn't think so same with clinique, after a little while I started to get a rash when I used it.

The aloe vera wipes some interesting, I can't use any other cleansing ones as they are too harsh! wierd skin or what eh?

ADiva1 hope your skin gets better and better and you made a good point Im not taking a vitamin supp, will get onto that. While I sort out the nimue tea tree here I come!

Thanks again, take care :hug:

Latest posts

Back