Client not paid!šŸ„²

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbie12

Reaction score
Hello!
Iā€™ve recently been advertising my mobile hairdressing by leaflets. But I did a post on Facebook as well, which has attracted a few clients.
On Friday I went and did a full head of highlights for a lady and cut her daughters hair. When i had finished, she seemed happy with her hair and said she would transfer me the money over as she didnā€™t have any cash. She told me to send over my bank details and she would do it all.
This wasnā€™t an unusual thing for people do to and I normally put a lot of trust in people so when I got home, sent over all my details. I understood that she had children she would need to sort out when I left and it was her daughters birthday the next day, so it might not be straight away.
Itā€™s now Monday morning, and sheā€™s not even read any of my messages but has been activeā€¦ i have only sent the details on Friday evening and then sent another message yesterday just to make sure she got them.

I am pretty sure she isnā€™t going to pay.
I understand that there is a massive cost of living crisis at the moment and Iā€™m not even fustrated about the money; it just really upsets me Iā€™ve taken my time to go and do her hair for her, which was a lovely colour and she never had any intentions to pay me?

Is there anything that I can do? I know I probably need to give her a little bit longerā€¦ or do I just take this on the chin and use it as experience?ā˜¹ļø

I would never leave before getting payment in full also is good to let clients know the day before appointment that you donā€™t accept transfer, cash only. I had this before but would not leave before getting pay so even waited 1.5h to be paid x

I would never leave before getting payment in full also is good to let clients know the day before appointment that you donā€™t accept transfer, cash only. I had this before but would not leave before getting pay so even waited 1.5h to be paid x
Wow making you wait 1.5hr!šŸ«£
Yes I think I defiantly need to do this in future! Take this as a big lesson.
Itā€™s such a shame people think itā€™s okay to do this.
Thank you šŸ«¶šŸ»

Hi so sorry this has happened to you
I had this happen in the past so I have Zettle now. Basically a card reader so it never happens again. I pay a small % on every transaction but itā€™s worth it. There is no monthly fee so if youā€™re not working youā€™re not paying Hope this helps you
Andrea

Hello!
Iā€™ve recently been advertising my mobile hairdressing by leaflets. But I did a post on Facebook as well, which has attracted a few clients.
On Friday I went and did a full head of highlights for a lady and cut her daughters hair. When i had finished, she seemed happy with her hair and said she would transfer me the money over as she didnā€™t have any cash. She told me to send over my bank details and she would do it all.
This wasnā€™t an unusual thing for people do to and I normally put a lot of trust in people so when I got home, sent over all my details. I understood that she had children she would need to sort out when I left and it was her daughters birthday the next day, so it might not be straight away.
Itā€™s now Monday morning, and sheā€™s not even read any of my messages but has been activeā€¦ i have only sent the details on Friday evening and then sent another message yesterday just to make sure she got them.

I am pretty sure she isnā€™t going to pay.
I understand that there is a massive cost of living crisis at the moment and Iā€™m not even fustrated about the money; it just really upsets me Iā€™ve taken my time to go and do her hair for her, which was a lovely colour and she never had any intentions to pay me?

Is there anything that I can do? I know I probably need to give her a little bit longerā€¦ or do I just take this on the chin and use it as experience?ā˜¹ļø
This happened to me once with a wedding hair payment, I went to her house at a time I knew sheā€™d be in and pretty much demanded she pay while I was there. She rang her husband to transfer it over, it was extremely awkward standing there on the doorstep but I didnā€™t care about being polite to her anymore after sheā€™d been so rude not to pay me and ignore it etc. Donā€™t be a pushover with people like this.

This has happened to me a few times where people take ages to pay, sometimes 2-3 weeks, you message them and they say sorry I have to wait until I get 'paid' or they say they forgot... My husband is a window cleaner, there is always a list of people who take a while to pay, usually always the same offenders every 4 or 8 week cycle... I think give her a bit longer. Only 3 times in 10 years have I never not got paid, but I had a gut feeling about them too. I can't get people to pay deposits, I've tried. I have 90% good regular clients, so I don't worry as much anymore. Good luck šŸ¤ž

Latest posts

Back