Good Salon Guide?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's to stop you designing your own 5 star logo and sticking it in the window? Probably just as effective.

Your absolutely right! A '5 star' rating in your window will certainly make passing trade think..'oh, they must be good, maybe I'll drop in' .

I've never seen the salon guide pop up on a google search and I don't read trade magazines. So any such advertising would be lost on me.

I got my fingers burned quite a few years ago and been cautious ever since.

Me and hubby often joke about takeaways that boast 'voted the best in the northwest' we always laugh and say, 'by who'?

Nothing, but where's your professional back up if somebody decides to question it?
With 2/3 clients per week average appointment value £60-80 the guide easily pays for itself [emoji4] xx

Have you asked your new clients if they looked up the salon guide online or were just persuaded by the window sign alone? It's hardly 'professional back up' when all their salons are 5 star and they're only interested in your money, decor and coffee making facilities.

Me and hubby often joke about takeaways that boast 'voted the best in the northwest' we always laugh and say, 'by who'?

Same here, there's a weird small gift type shop a few miles away that has a sign outside saying 'voted best shop In Ireland 2015' and we just think 'yeah, right!' ;)

However, it works as a sign as it get lots of tourist cars stopping and checking them out...

Have you asked your new clients if they looked up the salon guide online or were just persuaded by the window sign alone? It's hardly 'professional back up' when all their salons are 5 star and they're only interested in your money, decor and coffee making facilities.

Yeah as I say, most of it is just from the sign in the window and don't check on the website, but we also have the cards and flyers inside the salon for people. A few people have looked and said did you know there's only one other salon in our area that has a 5 star rating. To be fair to the coffee making facilities I have a hot/cold water machine, a pot of Sainsbury's gold coffee, and teabags. I'm sure everybody does that [emoji23]

My point is yes it's expensive. But is it worth the perceived value over my average rating on Facebook is 4.9 stars as opposed to officially rated by the good salon guide, the perceived value to clients is a lot higher in my opinion. However if I wasn't in the location we are I'd scrap it

Latest posts

Back