£££ Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purelynailz

Reaction score
Being a soletrader and running a small business, i wanted know if anyone else was finding it financally viable to offer it as a service?
Being a small business im unable to order in bulk a selection of designs on the off chance that my clients may want them/the design ive chosen to order in, because of this i have been doing minx by having the client picking the design they want and paying a deposit in advance and then ordering it in for them and so far this has been working for me.

The first time i did this, when i made the order the lady was very helpful and said they would send my minx out by first class as this was the cheapest way to do it,i receivd the minx the next day and was extremly happy with the service( from this i based my deposit price and service price)
The second time i ordered, yesterday, the postage costs had gone up a £1.00 and i had been told i had been undercharged the first time.
Then today i had a lady ask for minx ,so i took her deposit and then rang to order her minx in to find that the cost had gone up yet again by another £1.00 ,when i asked why, apparently i had been undercharged yesterday and i was also told that the minx would take 2 days to get to me as it had to be sent by courier.

The reason for my thread is that im wondering if other techs are really finding it worth their while in offering this service as my prices for minx are only £10 less than my toenail overlay service, which lasts longer for customers and thats why i really dont think i can up my prices for the minx.
Would appreciate any advice.

Haze x

Haze, I know that the price of minx has recently gone up slightly. Saying that I have found it to be extremely profitable and in fact have realised tonight that I am not charging enough.

I keep quite a few of the most popular designs in stock incase my clients decide to give it a go and I have the time when they are in for rebalances or whatever, especially when they see it on my toes.

It is a fast and now I have found addictive service, the clients that used to want gel or l&p toes are now requesting minx and not only that while I am applying it, they are looking at the minx chart for what they are wanting next. When their friends see it, they are asking what it is etc.

hth :hug:

Just to add I order as they want, but always have a fair few in stock.

Being a soletrader and running a small business, i wanted know if anyone else was finding it financally viable to offer it as a service?
Being a small business im unable to order in bulk a selection of designs on the off chance that my clients may want them/the design ive chosen to order in, because of this i have been doing minx by having the client picking the design they want and paying a deposit in advance and then ordering it in for them and so far this has been working for me.

The first time i did this, when i made the order the lady was very helpful and said they would send my minx out by first class as this was the cheapest way to do it,i receivd the minx the next day and was extremly happy with the service( from this i based my deposit price and service price)
The second time i ordered, yesterday, the postage costs had gone up a £1.00 and i had been told i had been undercharged the first time.
Then today i had a lady ask for minx ,so i took her deposit and then rang to order her minx in to find that the cost had gone up yet again by another £1.00 ,when i asked why, apparently i had been undercharged yesterday and i was also told that the minx would take 2 days to get to me as it had to be sent by courier.

The reason for my thread is that im wondering if other techs are really finding it worth their while in offering this service as my prices for minx are only £10 less than my toenail overlay service, which lasts longer for customers and thats why i really dont think i can up my prices for the minx. I have looked on your website hun and you are not charging anywhere near enough to cover your costs for minx chick
Would appreciate any advice.

Haze x

I too run a small business from home and clients are loving Minx, I always ask them to give me a week to get the product in, on toes it lasts as long as a french overlay so you can justify this to your clients, I have had my pink cheetah minx on my toes for 7 weeks now and although there is slight regrowth now they still look good. My prices reflect the cost of purchasing the minx and also my time, equipment etc, You also need to capatalise on the fact that this is an exciting new product that celebrities are wearing and that not all techs are able to or do offer this service
HTH hunni
Jen xx

Last edited:
I too run a small business from home and clients are loving Minx, I always ask them to give me a week to get the product in, on toes it lasts as long as a french overlay so you can justify this to your clients, I have had my pink cheetah minx on my toes for 7 weeks now and although there is slight regrowth now they still look good. My prices reflect the cost of purchasing the minx and also my time, equipment etc, You also need to capatalise on the fact that this is an exciting new product that celebrities are wearing and that not all techs are able to or do offer this service
HTH hunni
Jen xx

I totally understand where ure coming from re, not all techs can do it and trying to capitalise on it but i live in a small town where every nail bar/salon is offering it as a service and how can i justify raising my prices by £10 more than what everyone else is doing for ?

haze x

I totally understand where ure coming from re, not all techs can do it and trying to capitalise on it but i live in a small town where every nail bar/salon is offering it as a service and how can i justify raising my prices by £10 more than what everyone else is doing for ?

haze x

Because you are fab at what you do :hug:

I have the same predicament. I charge £20 and get them to stump up £10 deposit. Then i order and and take the oppertunity to get some polishes and other lower prices items minus delivery charge.
I think we may need to just take it on the chin at at the moment.

Latest posts

Back