£1,000 a month rent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louem

Reaction score
Hi all, av been offered a room in a salon to set up a nail bar and its 1000 pound (sorry my phone has no pound symbol) anyway I was wondering is this worth it? Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

It does seem an awful lot of money per month!!
Is there already clients ready & waiting for appointments or have you got to get them I'm once your set up?
Do you have to provide the products?
Best thing would be to do some rough estimates of how much you will be earning, product cost, insurance cost & then rent
How much do you estimate to be left with at the end of each month?

No I have to find clients and pay for all the equipment, all the salon owner will be doing is renting me the room. Am probably going to be at a loss if I do it x

Could you ask the salon owner if they would do a % of your takings as rent? I'm not sure what the going % rate is but I'm sure someone will know x

Regardless of the area that is way way too much to rent a room! You could get a whole salon for that and less than that. Steer clear!

Could you ask the salon owner if they would do a % of your takings as rent? I'm not sure what the going % rate is but I'm sure someone will know x

Probably not, she's supposed to be a friend too x

Regardless of the area that is way way too much to rent a room! You could get a whole salon for that and less than that. Steer clear!

That's what I though I could start my own business and rent a room out myself. I just thought I would ask x

Thats rediculously high. I rent a whole salon with 3 treatment rooms, reception/nail desk area and kitchen for under half that. I would have thought that would be high even in London!
Diane x

What's included in that?

I used to have a salon and rented the front part to a hairdresser for £300 per week. For that she was provided with 3 styling stations with 2 matching back washes, use of reception desk, phone and internet, all utilities (water, electricity) business rates etc.

She was responsible for her own tools of the trade, consumables and card machine.

It sounds like a large amount but there was no huge risks involved for her - yes, she had to cover her rent but she had a prime location on a high street, a newly refurbed area with brand new flooring, styling stations (which she chose).

So £1000 per month for just a room does sound high!!

Probably not, she's supposed to be a friend too x

A friend!! Sounds like she wants her rent & bill paying!!!

A grand a month! In Sunderland! Sorry, don't mean that to be rude (SAFC are my f'ball team and I used to live there) but given the average rental prices there your 'friend' is having a laugh!

Would put that grand on you being able to get your own place for considerably less than that, I remember a couple of years ago looking in roker/fulwell and being quoted nowhere near that for a decent sized 2 room place.

Keep looking petal
x

I'm £625 a month rent for a 640sqft salon so as the others have said £1,000 is a ridiculous amount just for a room. Is there any budging the salon owner.on rent? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

:O £1000 a month! That is crazy for just a room.. don't do it hun. There are other things besides rent that you will need to pay out for - not only for business but for your personal things as well, so i think you could find yourself in a worse position by taking this on!
What sort of a friend is that?! .. i would have words and tell her to keep looking for somebody either extremely gullible or with more money than sense!

As you said, you could rent a whole salon for less and then rent one of your rooms out to get a little back!

Let us know the outcome :) x

Thank you I will do, gonna tell her am not gonna bother, I think its just the room, av got to supply everything else and find my own clients, I will be so much worse off, am upset because I would love to do it but al probably end up losing money and having to work just to covet the rent x

you could make 1000 a month working for someone else (or nearly!)

just think, you'd be paying out 12k per year so you'd have to make a crazy huge ammount of money overall to make any profit.

i can't think what you could gain for 1k per month room rent...i think you've definately made the right decision :)

:) I think so too, so back to the drawing board to find some work, pleased I have a job anyway and didn't leave it to start this x

OMG!!! crazy price .. gulp.... We normally rent rooms out from £20 a day or on a 65% / 35% share.. Like everyones say take a wide berth on this one and keep looking.. you'll find the right one soon :-0)

Davex

I hope so, thanks. Might think about starting my own business, maybe mobile but would prefer a salon job. Gonna have a good think about it xx

A grand a month! In Sunderland! Sorry, don't mean that to be rude (SAFC are my f'ball team and I used to live there) but given the average rental prices there your 'friend' is having a laugh!

Would put that grand on you being able to get your own place for considerably less than that, I remember a couple of years ago looking in roker/fulwell and being quoted nowhere near that for a decent sized 2 room place.

Keep looking petal
x

I live near there so might have a look, the prices might have gone up a bit since then but sure I could get more for less and have a room to rent out myself obviously I wouldn't charge that much x

Latest posts

Back