£10 full set, OMG

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decadence

Reaction score
I was driving through London yesterday can't remember where, and drove past a nail bar with a sign out side saying full set of nails £10 and infills £10 OMG nearly fell of my seat how on earth do they make a profit, shakes head and walks off huffing !!!!!

I was driving through London yesterday can't remember where, and drove past a nail bar with a sign out side saying full set of nails £10 and infills £10 OMG nearly fell of my seat how on earth do they make a profit, shakes head and walks off huffing !!!!!

Pretty simple ... They use rubbish products (or they have bought stolen goods) and they pay slave labor wages or they are training a junior who doesn't get paid at all, to offer those cheap sets.

Get to Woolwich in London £6 a set!!!

There are lots of salons in Manchester that offer a full set of acrylics for £10.

Omg this is making me laugh ! Do people have no shame lol !
You really would think after going to all the time effort and effort of getting trained and setting up a business they would use good products hey ho

Here's the difference spot the £10 nails & ones I did at £25(still a bargain) !!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334389607.976105.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334389607.976105.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 813
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334389697.379193.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334389697.379193.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 839
Where there muck there's brass ... As they say in Yorkshire. There is money at the low end as well as the high end ... It's just much nicer at the high end where you get the smoothest ride (and you don't feel you have to penny pinch cut up foils and make your own remover wraps anymore lol).

well yours are lovely and £25 is a bargain xxx

Get to Woolwich in London £6 a set!!!

£6?!?!!

I live in a small town and even techs that are just practising are charging £20 a set to cover there costs while they are practising!!!! Unbelievable!

Here's the difference spot the £10 nails & ones I did at £25(still a bargain) !!!

Jesus! How high are them smile lines? Surely the tech can see what she is doing wrong. They look like spades at the end of her fingers!

That's said though I do know a few clients that actually want they bright white, high smile line look. I call it the 'footballers wife's look', not that I provide that service! I do not do extensions :)

Jesus!They look like spades at the end of her fingers!

LOL :green: what do they look like ! the others look very nice, its beyond belief that people would still going to these places if they look like that :irked:

They look like they just have white squares stuck to the ends of some of her nails, obv the cheaper white tips don't have the natural shape c curves that nails have then?

There's a salon in my area that charges £10 for a full set of acrylics, I've never heard so many complaints in my life about hair and beauty treatments!

Lol try £3 and £5.50.

A girl on my Facebook woke up one morning and thought she would become a nail tech.

She buys her products off eBay. Apparently she has converted her mums garage into a nail bar lmao

She started off at £3 and put as her status that she is no longer charging that as she is better at them now and they are £5.50

She spouts on her fb daily How she now loves being self employed. Her work is a disaster but yet she still gets clients.

Also there is a girl in my area now doing £5 tans no training. Was quite funny - she tanned her sis yesterday and she said it was really dark and didn't know why.

These people make me laugh!

£3 lmao omg thats the funniest thing I think I've heard

Woke up to a groupon email this morning - £9 shellac mani & £17 for shellac mani & pedi - lovely eh? - that's Glasgow btw xx

.....oh dear! Those nails!! I wouldn't have paid £10 for THAT!! There's bargain hunting and then there's being a complete pleb!! Lol beautiful set next to them tho :)

Lol u can by acrylic + powder easy of eBay for 99p. Most places that are cheap also drill your nails. Xxx

My local NSS offer acrylic, gel or fibreglass extensions for the same price as their fake gel polish!!! By the way I would class my product, service and profits as high end. I choose to have a foil cutter on my desk not because I am penny pinching, but because it works better than the ready made products you can buy, as demonstrated by the recent poll on this site :hug:

OMG those white tips look ridiculous!!!!!

Latest posts

Back