£7 tans !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacylouise

Reaction score
theres someone in my town doing tans for £7 using crazy angel! i ranted about it on facebook and she said she can charge so low because she buys in bulk! its peeing me right off!! i love tanning and not to toot my own horn or anything but im really good at it, thinking about starting my own home salon and getting more training in other areas of beauty but im not going to lower my prices down ridiculously!! i wouldnt get out of bed for £7 per tan!!!!!

whats the lowest price you've saw a tan? x

Lowest price tan Ive seen in my area is £8 although I'm sure it will be somewhere cheaper. She probably isnt insured or isnt very experienced. Im not sure how buying tan in bulk could affect prices unless shes getting a BOGOF deal....?

There will always be someone who can undercut you, just take pride in knowing that you offer an excellent service and product. I know i personally would rather pay 15/20 for a tan than risk looking orange paying 7/8... xxx

yeah i was thinking that she wasnt insured ect! just annoys me cos people are actually going to her! might send one of my cousins for a tan off her as my wee undercover agent haha =))! shes doing it mobile so the petrol is probably 7 quid alone lol x

The thing is poppet, doing treatments at that stupid price isnt sustainable whatsoever!
Will consumables, petrol and time, she will be working below the minimum wage level and doing herself no favours. She will soon realise this and then either pack it in or 'try' and raise her prices.
Unfortunately the bargain hunters that use this type of person wont pay an increase for a service theyve had this cheap and will just move along to the next skanky therapist.

Without trying to sound out of order, you really need to focus your energies on promoting your excellent service and how you give a fantastic tan, rather than focusing your energies on skanky therapists that do silly things. I know it can be frustrating seeing this kind of thing; but rise above it and be the best you can be, this will shine through to the target customers you WANT, and the cheap customers arent worth bothering about anyway! :)

The thing is poppet, doing treatments at that stupid price isnt sustainable whatsoever!
Will consumables, petrol and time, she will be working below the minimum wage level and doing herself no favours. She will soon realise this and then either pack it in or 'try' and raise her prices.
Unfortunately the bargain hunters that use this type of person wont pay an increase for a service theyve had this cheap and will just move along to the next skanky therapist.

Without trying to sound out of order, you really need to focus your energies on promoting your excellent service and how you give a fantastic tan, rather than focusing your energies on skanky therapists that do silly things. I know it can be frustrating seeing this kind of thing; but rise above it and be the best you can be, this will shine through to the target customers you WANT, and the cheap customers arent worth bothering about anyway! :)

Completely agree... Ignore what everyone else is doing because people who have silly prices have to work twice as hard for much less money!

Sending your cousin is probably something Id do aswell haha xxxx

Yeah my mum told me to rise above it, i suppose i dont really want bargain hunter clients either because they will not be as loyal ect.. uch well she'll need to do more tans to make the same profit im making i suppose, more work for her haha! x

Completely agree... Ignore what everyone else is doing because people who have silly prices have to work twice as hard for much less money!

Sending your cousin is probably something Id do aswell haha xxxx

i just typed that last part as you posted haha!
yeah im going to be a wee sneaky ninja haha :cool:

Hahait is true, work smart i say! Shes coming out with peanuts more than likely charging silly prices so dont sweat it! xx

yeah she does tons of things bag parties, jewellery parties, ann summers parties, tarot shes apparently a 'psychic' ect..

now im not a waxer yet hoping to train with kim as soon as i get money, so i don't know prices ect but she had .. half leg wax,underarm wax,bikini wax
and lip wax all for only £20

gel nails and spray tan for £20 too :|

woman be crazyyyy :eek:

Shes just a jack of all trades master of none. Dont worry about her, i dont think clients (not the type of clients you want anyway) will put their trust in someone whos a pyshic on monday, ann summers rep on tuesday, therapist on wednesday and so on...

I know who id rather have doing my tan lol xxx

Shes just a jack of all trades master of none. Dont worry about her, i dont think clients (not the type of clients you want anyway) will put their trust in someone whos a pyshic on monday, ann summers rep on tuesday, therapist on wednesday and so on...

I know who id rather have doing my tan lol xxx

haha im just hoping she moves on to something else :lol: :lol:

i dont want to sit here and pure slate the lady as she's not here to defend herself!

xx

Just stick to your guns. All my clients won't go anywhere else now as they know I am good at what I do. I only use good products, I am insured, I am qualified and I give them a full consultation and tell them what and why I am using what I am using. The horror stories I've heard about women nearly chocking when their face has been spray tanned and the solution literally dripping down there face!!!! This lady was so nervous when I sprayed her face and couldn't believe it when the experience was so much better. Offers are good they can help your business grow. At the moment I am trialing tanning samples, just to get an idea of what is out there and I am just charging £5, but they are all aware of why it is so cheap. My clients are mostly mums and are skint this month so it is great for them to be able to have a treatment, but I know they will definately book again at full price. It is harder to build up a client base through word of mouth and knowing your worth, but I really believe it is better in the long run. If I get one new quality customer a month it is better than five bargain hunters xx

yeah i know what you mean! im quiet at the moment and trying to save up for my nsi acrylic course so i think its just angering me more that im quiet haha! x

Latest posts

Back