‘Tan doesn’t stick to me’ client, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AISMCCS

Reaction score
Tanning a client soon.. she’s briefed me on her previous spray tan experiences.

Essentially every spray tan shes ever had has been a disaster. Doesn’t ‘stick to her skin’ and ‘runs off her body’.

I’m thinking that perhaps the gun was set too high? Or that shes moisturised before shes arrived for the appointment?

She’s assured me that its just the way her skin is.

Whats the reason for this? What can i do to ensure she gets a nice looking tan?

I’d agree with you. You could dry a prep spray?

If they've all been a disaster and she thinks it's just the way her skin is, I wonder why she's having another spray tan lol!

I'm afraid I can't think of a solution, other than the obvious as you mentioned, making sure she preps properly and doesn't moisturise the day of her tan. Also, Unless she's been to the same person for all her previous tans, it's unlikely the gun would be set too high every time I would have thought.

I used to work with 2 different ladies that said spray tans didn't work for them, but they also couldn't keep any nail enhancements or even nail varnish on for more than a day or so. They both had very oily skin, but I haven't come across anyone else with oily skin that has such a problem.

Would this client be possibly better with a manually applied tan so it soaks in better?

I had a client like this before, i went through prep vigorously as if it was the first time she was having a spray tan done! went down to the nitty gritty of what she was doing, turned out it was something she was doing...a nice long hot bubble bath right after every tan she had!! Then applying a nice rich moisturizer and deodorant, lets not forget the shaving on top.... like its normal routine. tbf i really had to drill it in her that you gotta behave differently with a tan and she took the advice on board and is a regular. My advice is to go throught the prep, use dry prep spray just in case on those pesky areas where shes known for problems, wipe down and hopefully the spraytan lasts! Good Luck xoxo

Sounds like a money grabber to me. I’d be casually unavailable.

Had one like it with lash lift a while back..I get a lash lift regularly have done for years but I’ve had one here here and here but none of them have ever worked. As if she’s spending £40-60 every 10 weeks for the fun of lying down and waking up looking the same and not asking for a refund.

There is a great prep you can try by Suntana on those with oily skin, wear moisturiser and those that get sweaty..but honestly some people will never ever listen or learn. If they can’t be bothered I tell them to go somewhere really cheap that doesn’t care if she looks crap or not and 99% of the time they realise they want to look good and will have to work for it and do the prep. The others never come back and try the next poor buggar and try their refund luck.

Latest posts

Back