1-2-1 Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoria

Reaction score
I've brought the equipment to do fully scupltured acrylics from NSI, including the drill. From looking at previous posts, it seems that many of you are dead against using a drill. I have been having these type of extensions for 4 years and have always been really pleased with them. I did have a breather for a while and didn't experience any damage to my own nails.

Anyway my point is that I need training on how to use this stuff! I naively thought I could get 1-2-1 training from NSI but when I delved further I needed to do about 3 different courses at a huge cost. Does anyone know anyone that can do this for me? I'm a working mum and I'm just looking to better myself and learn something new.

I've had the nail trainer hand and also practised on willing family and friends, I just need the final touches for the truly professional look.

Please help .......

Victoria said:
From looking at previous posts, it seems that many of you are dead against using a drill. I have been having these type of extensions for 4 years and have always been really pleased with them. I did have a breather for a while and didn't experience any damage to my own nails.

I think that sometimes we all get a little aggressive about the drilling issue just because it can be so easy to cause such severe damage so quickly.
There are several downsides with using a drill (i.e. smaller dust particles, massive micro shattering), but as long as the drill is never used on the natural nail plate, there is no real safety risk for your client.
In other words... It comes down to personal choice as each of the 'downsides' can be countered (i.e. because of the micro shattering you will need to go slightly thicker with your application).

I personally don't use them, but I have nothing at all against them when they are used by people with the appropriate training and certification. It sounds like the tek that has been doing your nails was very responsible in that department ;)

Anyhoo... I don't know of anywhere else to go for drill training off the top of my head. I am sure someone here can help.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back