1 Day Beauty Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haydenamzy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone has been on 1 day beauty courses, e.g waxing, eye brow tints/shaping, facials, massage ect.

I am a nail technician, but opening a new salon in the next few months, and my clients have asked me to also provide beauty treatments. I have been looking at some of these courses, as I am also a full time university student, and don't have time to do the lenghty standard courses.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great

Thanks

I have been on a one year course for beauty and a year course for massage(basic).I wouldn't think you would learn much in one day.
To do massage whether its facials, body or hands/feet you must know what you are actually massaging (i.e. which muscles). It took me ages to learn all these, I wouldn't have been able to do so in a week never mind a day.
I think there are 1 day waxing courses and 1 day tinting.
A lot of beauty suppliers (salon services, sallys etc.) do one or two day courses on certain treatments.
Give them a ring and enquire but I'd be a bit dubious of places that say they can teach you massage in one day.
I've been massaging for 11 years now and still have to refer back to books when doing remedial massage.

IMO I think one day beauty courses are fine as a starter course, but as with anything; further training is essential as well as practice, practice, practice. Skills are developed over time, not just in one day.

Having done a few one-day courses myself, I wouldn't not recommend them but I would say that you shouldn't expect to come out of the course thinking you can go out and start carrying out the treatments straight away.

It's not just about learning how to carry out a treatment that is important, but also the anatomy and physiology behind the treatment, which can only come with lots of hardwork and time.

Hope this helps.

You really do not want to know my opinion of these so called courses :( .

I wouldn't have thought that anyone who had just done a one day course in beauty could get insured.
I don't think you would know what you were doing in just a one day course.

Ruby

Latest posts

Back