1 Hour to Soak off !!! YES 1 HOUR !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
just thought id share this !

I had a client come to me yesterday who had her nails done the week before, she had terrible lifting.

So last night i buffed them for her to smooth and remove some of the lifting and then applied some polish for her so that at least she would look good for her next day at work.

The nails were done in a hour, which i know doesnt necessarily suggest anything - could be just a sooper Nail Technician?!

I was however wondering if anyone can help as to why it may have taken me an hour to get these babies off ?!

They were a little thick but Ive soaked off worse before !

Is this a sign of mma ??? having not encountered it before I wondered did it take so long becuase possibly the thickness or yes it was products using MMA ?

I only know what my client has told me re timing etc but she also mentioned that they applied the same cuticle oil to her nails before and after the treatment ? - may explain lifting but not why 1hr to soak off ?

Not urgent for a responce - just wondering what you guys thought ?

Thanks

kx

dont know if this is down to mma - i think geek or geeg would be better answering this!!!!!!! it only takes me 15 - 20 mins to blend in, but an hour - thats ridiculous - NOT ON YOUR PART I MIGHT ADD.

hope you get the answer your looking for pet

Sounds like it was just applied way to thick and thats why it took so long to soak off.
MMA doesn`t usually lift, and it absolutely stinks when you start to buff and believe me you would still be buffing now it so hard.

I'm a new nail tech and did a rebalance on a friend who had had her nails done somewhere else. I'm interested to know, does MMA smell like bad dried fish????

I can't say for sure that it does as I'm not an MMA expert but nails that I've taken off from a discount salon smelled just the way you described and they set up as soon as I took them out of the remover and the stuff was like martian jelly, it stuck to, really badly to anything and everything, it was vile.

Having taken off a few sets like this now I have seen the damaged caused by over e-filing, at best nail plates as thin as fag papers or furrows so deep there are holes in the nail plate; the thickness of the nail and the trouble and time it takes to get them off, I am quite reluctant to do it now.

I continually educate my clients about the pitfalls of discount salons in the hope that they will educate their friends who still go there that it's not a good idea. I'm glad to say that a few have seen the light and my nails and now come to me...but we still get a bad rep because the girls who have been to these salons assume that all nail technicians cause the same problems they have experienced.

Thanks Debs - so I'll know then when its MMA eh !!! Cant say im looking forward to that ! lol

kx

Debs said:
Sounds like it was just applied way to thick and thats why it took so long to soak off.
MMA doesn`t usually lift, and it absolutely stinks when you start to buff and believe me you would still be buffing now it so hard.

toodles said:
I'm a new nail tech and did a rebalance on a friend who had had her nails done somewhere else. I'm interested to know, does MMA smell like bad dried fish????

My colleague, Claire, describes it as smelling like Grimsby fish market!

Hi Cathie

How would i recognise nails that have been put on with MMA before i start working on them??

kx

nails@42ndstreet said:
I can't say for sure that it does as I'm not an MMA expert but nails that I've taken off from a discount salon smelled just the way you described and they set up as soon as I took them out of the remover and the stuff was like martian jelly, it stuck to, really badly to anything and everything, it was vile.

Having taken off a few sets like this now I have seen the damaged caused by over e-filing, at best nail plates as thin as fag papers or furrows so deep there are holes in the nail plate; the thickness of the nail and the trouble and time it takes to get them off, I am quite reluctant to do it now.

I continually educate my clients about the pitfalls of discount salons in the hope that they will educate their friends who still go there that it's not a good idea. I'm glad to say that a few have seen the light and my nails and now come to me...but we still get a bad rep because the girls who have been to these salons assume that all nail technicians cause the same problems they have experienced.

I think that the bestwayto find out is to ask your client where they had their nails done. If you know the salons in your area then you will know!!!

Take it easy

Latest posts

Back