10/0 blonde to an 8

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
i have a new client who is 100 % white she allready has a base 10 full head tint. she wants to go more of a darker beige blonde..with highlights .i am going to foil out some of the 10/0 .for the highlights..would 88/0 mixed with 8/73 be ok i dont want just a flat look.and i want a subtle difference between base and highlights......i am using wella any advice would be greatly welcome thank you xxxx:Love:

Sounds nice Hun xx

i have a new client who is 100 % white she allready has a base 10 full head tint. she wants to go more of a darker beige blonde..with highlights .i am going to foil out some of the 10/0 .for the highlights..would 88/0 mixed with 8/73 be ok i dont want just a flat look.and i want a subtle difference between base and highlights......i am using wella any advice would be greatly welcome thank you xxxx:Love:

I Had a similar situation to this the other day, i personally think its one of the hardeset tasks to go from a white blonde to only a few shades darker. i use wella so thought id let you in on what i did :) first i weaved out some of her own hair in conditioner. then applyed 9/17 as the background however it just seemed to grab the tone. my mistake really should have known the base 9 wouldnt have grabbed! it was still as light but had gone a almost pink mink ish colour. (really nice colour lol just not what i wanted :) ) so we then had to again weave out the hair in conditioner and we appyled 99/0 over the hair. this time it looked lots better.
i think it does depend on your clients hair tho with white blonde as i guess you dont no how it will take the tint. some peoples hair ive done it has taken really well and some peoples just chucks it of lol, good luck with yours let us no how you get on xx:p

I Had a similar situation to this the other day, i personally think its one of the hardeset tasks to go from a white blonde to only a few shades darker. i use wella so thought id let you in on what i did :) first i weaved out some of her own hair in conditioner. then applyed 9/17 as the background however it just seemed to grab the tone. my mistake really should have known the base 9 wouldnt have grabbed! it was still as light but had gone a almost pink mink ish colour. (really nice colour lol just not what i wanted :) ) so we then had to again weave out the hair in conditioner and we appyled 99/0 over the hair. this time it looked lots better.
i think it does depend on your clients hair tho with white blonde as i guess you dont no how it will take the tint. some peoples hair ive done it has taken really well and some peoples just chucks it of lol, good luck with yours let us no how you get on xx:p

yeh this is why i thought an 88/0 with maybe 1/4 of the 8/37 i thought the 9 wouldnt really make much difference...i want a difference of the base and highlights without going to dark xxx

I didn't think anything over a 9 would cover white? Anyway if your aiming for an 8 why not use 7 because it's going to come up one shade lighter anyway if your client is 100% white so if you use an 8 it will come out a 9 if ya get me

I didn't think anything over a 9 would cover white? Anyway if your aiming for an 8 why not use 7 because it's going to come up one shade lighter anyway if your client is 100% white so if you use an 8 it will come out a 9 if ya get me

its going over white hair which has been coloured to a base 10/0 x

I also used 9/17 and the ash grabbed badly! Would never use that again on White hair! I should have known better to only use wArm or naturals on White hair but you learn from your mistakes!

I also used 9/17 and the ash grabbed badly! Would never use that again on White hair! I should have known better to only use wArm or naturals on White hair but you learn from your mistakes!

that is what i was thinking nothing with a 1 or 2 or 8 thats why i was thinking base 88/0 mixed with 88/73

Yea I think that would be great or I like 88/0 + 8/3

Latest posts

Back