10 vol KP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amonavis33

Reaction score
I have always colored gray with 20 vol as per the Kolesten Perfect instructions. For a male client, I want to keep it very natural and avoid it looking brassy (he washes his hair often), and NOT too densely colored. For a male client with thin hair texture, would 10 volume work to cover gray? He insists on permanent coverage, he doesn’t want to see any grays that didn’t cover. I could do 20 vol too, but I’m curious if anyone has used 10 with Kolesten Perfect. I’m colouring the same as his natural color, level 6.5 (half 6 half 7, ash). He is about 40% gray, Higher gray % on the sides

Also, how much “natural” 6/0 should I use on a male to avoid a creepy brassy/warm/overly dense color result? I feel like it might be different than for a woman. (I prefer when color looks like it could be real).

Oohh that's a difficult one, because naturally I'd be more inclined to use colour touch only because it won't expose the underlying natural pigment. Whereas permanent will.
Have you looked at colour touch plus?

Oohh that's a difficult one, because naturally I'd be more inclined to use colour touch only because it won't expose the underlying natural pigment. Whereas permanent will.
Have you looked at colour touch plus?
I’m not too familiar with color touch plus. What kind of coverage would I get on the grays? Does it wash out?

Another option I’m considering is illumina. Only, it seems they have NO SHADES in the 6 range except natural? At least that’s all it showed in the pamphlet. I found that odd. I wanted to maybe combine 7/81 illumina with another ashy 6 range color (which doesn’t seem to exist...). I like how illumina says you can use only a fashion shade for up to 70% gray.

I’m not too familiar with color touch plus. What kind of coverage would I get on the grays? Does it wash out?

Another option I’m considering is illumina. Only, it seems they have NO SHADES in the 6 range except natural? At least that’s all it showed in the pamphlet. I found that odd. I wanted to maybe combine 7/81 illumina with another ashy 6 range color (which doesn’t seem to exist...). I like how illumina says you can use only a fashion shade for up to 70% gray.
7/81 + 6/16 is a really nice mix from illumina.
Illumina also do a grey blending method.
Colour touch plus gives you 70% coverage on white hair. It's more intense than regular colour touch. It does fade eventually but lasts a while.
Don't forget permanent colour will fade too.

7/81 + 6/16 is a really nice mix from illumina.
Illumina also do a grey blending method.
Colour touch plus gives you 70% coverage on white hair. It's more intense than regular colour touch. It does fade eventually but lasts a while.
Don't forget permanent colour will fade too.
Thanks for the formula recommendation. Do you mix them 50/50 usually?

I would go with @ronray ‘s advice on the colour touch plus. I’ve always found that permanent gives off warmth no matter which colour I used. I use Schwarzkopf Vibrance ashy cedar on my husbands hair and it’s great. Left it in for 25/30 mins Got initially100% cover and washed up gradually, probably lasts about 5/6 weeks but depends on your clients hair. I hate to see the warm hues and the strong permanent growth line on men’s hair personally but it depends on what your clients happy with.

Do you guys have any recommendations about color touch plus options for a level 6 man who doesn’t want to go much darker or too warm? I read somewhere that it can turn out darker than expected because of the double pigment so should I use a level 7 on them to be safe? What Colour touch plus tones are your favourites on men? Can I be cheeky and add some special mix in it even though it’s not intended for color touch plus?

I'd use equal amounts of 77/07 + 66/07 + a few grams of /88.
I'd be doing 10g 77/07 + 10g 66/07 + 1g /88 + 42g 4%

I'd use equal amounts of 77/07 + 66/07 + a few grams of /88.
I'd be doing 10g 77/07 + 10g 66/07 + 1g /88 + 42g 4%

I’ll think I’ll give it a shot on one of my clients. I’m curious if they will prefer it over the Kolesten perfect they have been using. What they have right now looks a little too dense for a man and with short hair it won’t be hard to switch things up.

Do you apply the above mixture for 20 minutes with no heat on dry hair?

I
I’ll think I’ll give it a shot on one of my clients. I’m curious if they will prefer it over the Kolesten perfect they have been using. What they have right now looks a little too dense for a man and with short hair it won’t be hard to switch things up.

Do you apply the above mixture for 20 minutes with no heat on dry hair?
I'd start with using it on cleansed, towel dried hair. When you do it on dry hair it will give you a more dense coverage.

Latest posts

Back