100% grey coverage Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amore Hair

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have a client who is 100% white hair. She has previously coloured at home with a box colour semi however i have managed to persuade her to come into the salon for a colour doing, She just likes to have a bit of blonde in their as opposed to the pure white.

We use wella in the salon so im presuming for 100% grey it will have to be kp as colour touch plus will only cover 70% white. I'm thinking along the 8 lines but not sure for definate till she comes in on the day.

Yep needs to be KP and intensives for full coverage , will be translucent otherwise !

Yes defo needs to be Koleston Perfect double intensive so 88/0 if that's the depth you want x

99/0 is the big seller for us for clients wanting blonde a perfect result every time

99/0 doesn't cover 100% grey! You can only go to a 88/0

99/0 doesn't cover 100% grey! You can only go to a 88/0

We have a client that is 100% white and 99/0 comes out a lovely buttery blonde! A regular client that loves that colour and it is even.

we use 99/0 + 9/38 on 100% white hair it's a nice soft pearl blonde.:lol:
but quite often when i use 9 i will put in some 8 .:lol:

Thanks for the tip and yes we sometimes do that with the 8 :)[/quote]

I have a client who is 90% White and I use three quarters 99/0 and one quarter 10/0 kp. Ever so slightly translucent but client loves it, gorgeous.

These sounds lovely :lol: what ration do you use? equal parts?

I was thinking i couldnt go above a 88/0 but maybe give this a try.

Thanks geeks[/quote]

15ml 99/0 15ml 9/38 27ml of 20 vol. always a little less peroxide to colour takes better,a low heat for 35min.

Another stylist at my shop just uses 9/38 + 20 vol and it's fine.

What percentage of 99/0 and 9/38 do you use?

Hey! I haven’t worked with wella for years but am I wrong in thinking that if u mix a double base with a colour that has a tone like you’ve said above then the double base knocks the tone out? Or comprises the gray coverage?

Latest posts

Back