100% natural or organic spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am considering changing my tan brand and looking for one that is completely natural (preservatives, colours, fragrance as well) or even better completely organic. Price isn't an issue.
Are there any suggestions out there for brands that are like this? It's been a good few years since I last looked at other brands and there are so many more out there now, it's a total minefield :eek:
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you x

I believe nouvatan is 100% organic, I personally love it.

Thanks I appreciate your reply :)
I've tried nouvatan in the past and it's only the active ingredients that are natural/organic. So just organic DHA (possibly organic Aloa Vera as well if my memory is correct)
I'm looking for one that has natural or organic colours, preservatives and fragrance as well xxx

I've a sample of beach bum which hopefull I will try this week, not sure how organic it is but maybe worth checking out..
What's making you want to change if you don't mind me asking?

I am an organic skincare salon and I used to use Vita Liberata. Non toxic 80% organic and the colour from the tan was derived from sugar beet. It was a lovely healthy looking colour, no smell and I was more than happy with it. I just hated doing spray tans thats the only reason I got rid.

Fresh indulgence :)

Not tried any of them so I shall get in touch and ask them. Thanks x

Just curious to see what is out there and compare to what I already use.

Jen I have LOTS of fresh indulgence here if you want to try it! I got 3 litres with my spray tan machine and haven't used it as my loyalty was with another supplier. I can pop some round anytime :) xxx

Thanks Pam that's really kind of you :) just when you pop over for your lashes would be great. Thanks so much xxx

Are there any other suggestions?

What about Aviva Labs. I have not tried myself (yet) but have read good reviews about it and think it meets your requirements :)

Thanks I'll look at that one too x

OK, first of all, NO tanning solution is organic. Water is the main constituent part of ANY tanning solution, and water cannot be classed as organic. Beware the "organic" hype in the tanning industry. So if you are looking for a solution which is as close to organic as you can get, then look for one with no fragrance, Ecocert DHA, possibly with organic aloe vera or other ingredients. There are a lot of false claims out there and it is a grey area. If you are looking for organic preservatives, in my experience, this tends to shorten the shelf life of the product considerably. Unreal doesn't contain any fragrances and we use Ecocert DHA, you are welcome to check it out. Good luck!

I use white to brown standard range however I they also have an organic product which usesEco cert dha, it's also paraben free,fragrance free, it's avaliable in a 10 % solution, if their standard range is anything to go by this should be a good product it's around £xx per litre:)

Last edited by a moderator:
ORGANIC .. is something containing carbon elements. the word is so twisted in the beauty industry. nothing containing water is truly organic. water is a compound of hydrogen and oxygen. hence it is not organic.. Alcohol however is and thats not good for the Skin. We use 2 sugars in our solution one derived from sugar beet the other from raspberries. if we used no preservatives or non organic water bacteria would soon take hold and it would last about 2 weeks before it looks like a dirty green gold fish bowl we use organic eco cert DHA as active ingredients and Non organics like WATER !! the Organic tab is very very misleading our tan is as organic as you can get. we have a preservative as does milk, yoghurt fruit juice without it the tan would last a few weeks

OK, first of all, NO tanning solution is organic. Water is the main constituent part of ANY tanning solution, and water cannot be classed as organic. Beware the "organic" hype in the tanning industry. So if you are looking for a solution which is as close to organic as you can get, then look for one with no fragrance, Ecocert DHA, possibly with organic aloe vera or other ingredients. There are a lot of false claims out there and it is a grey area. If you are looking for organic preservatives, in my experience, this tends to shorten the shelf life of the product considerably. Unreal doesn't contain any fragrances and we use Ecocert DHA, you are welcome to check it out. Good luck!
Thanks, and I completely agree about the organic water :) I know water cannot be organic. However some tans have aloe Vera as the main ingredient instead of water so it is possible to have an organic tan. I'm personally more interested in a completely natural tan.
I totally agree that the term 100% organic or natural is often shouted out about a lot of tans which actually only have natural/organic active ingredients yet no-one seems to let people know that they are incorrectly informed. I am looking for a tan which is 100% natural. No artificial colours, preservatives, fragrance etc. Most tans now have ecocert DHA which is fab :) the tan I use now has natural presevatives and it is 6mths from opening which is plenty time to use up and I believe is fairly standard.
I'll look up Unreal though, thank you :hug: xxx

ORGANIC .. is something containing carbon elements. the word is so twisted in the beauty industry. nothing containing water is truly organic. water is a compound of hydrogen and oxygen. hence it is not organic.. Alcohol however is and thats not good for the Skin. We use 2 sugars in our solution one derived from sugar beet the other from raspberries. if we used no preservatives or non organic water bacteria would soon take hold and it would last about 2 weeks before it looks like a dirty green gold fish bowl we use organic eco cert DHA as active ingredients and Non organics like WATER !! the Organic tab is very very misleading our tan is as organic as you can get. we have a preservative as does milk, yoghurt fruit juice without it the tan would last a few weeks
Thanks Steve, I am really more interested in a 100% natural tan rather than organic. Organic would just be a bonus :) As I mentioned above I am completely aware of water not being able to be classed as organic. However, natural fragrance, colours and preservatives are totally possible, and you will get a lot more than 2weeks out of a tan with natural preservatives, or any other beauty products out there. The one I use just now has natural preservatives and is totally fine once opened for 6mths and there are lots of skin care products now using natural preservatives. So I believe there is no 'requirement' for any chemicals to be added to any beauty products. This is of course a completely personal thing and is just the way I like to work, I'm not saying it is right for everyone :hug:

I use white to brown standard range however I they also have an organic product which usesEco cert dha, it's also paraben free,fragrance free, it's avaliable in a 10 % solution, if their standard range is anything to go by this should be a good product it's around £xx per litre:)

Thank you, another one to add to my list :) x

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder: No Trade prices to be posted on Pro Forums.
Thank you.

Hi,

Tan organic are the worlds first ECO CERT brand it's spray tans are 99.6% natural 84% of product is made up of Aloe vera Juice so is VERY hydrating and is 87% organic (not all ingredients are available organic) they come in 2 colours Carmel 10% and Chocolate 14% they do not do Rapid tans as drying agents have to be used in them. The products have no guide colour and do take a few more minutes to dry (due to no drying agents in them) but this is good right :lol: their self tan is 100% natural too

TanOrganic realised one of its greatest achievements in 2011. Following a rigorous 18-month process, TanOrganic was awarded Eco-certification and became the first, and so far the only Eco-certified Aloe Vera based self-tanning brand in the world. TanOrganic has proven to the Ecocert group that all aspects of the tan from seed to bottle is organic.

To ensure an environmentally friendly product that EcoCert lays down some strict laws.

It cannot contain any GMO’s. parabens, animal derived ingredients (unless naturally produced by them) synthetic ingredients or PEG’s.
The packaging must be biodegradable or recyclable
For the natural and organic cosmetic label: A minimum of 95% of all plant-based ingredients in the formula and a minimum of 10% of all ingredients by weight must come from organic farming.
The labelling must be transparent for the consumer
TanOrganic received their certification in 2012 and continue to ensure that their products are not only great for your skin but for the environment too!

Latest posts

Back