100% white hair and highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca1107

Reaction score
I have a new client who is 100% white. She has 5-6 inch regrowth from previous highlights. She's wanting me to do a full head of highlights to get rid of her roots but knowing I can bleach white hair I'm struggling what to do as tint won't lift tint so I risk using a high lift and it not matching the colour on the mids and ends of her hair. I don't know if I'm over thinking it? I'll attach a photo of her hair (before she grew her root)
IMG_20190908_150504__01.jpeg

Why can't you bleach and tone it?

White hair has no pigment left so it won't change colour? That's what I was told, I've not masses of experience with white hair so I'm unsure

It'll expose the keratin which is naturally yellow in colour, giving you what looks like a pale yellow colour which can then be toned.

You could also do a tint and hilites?

It'll expose the keratin which is naturally yellow in colour, giving you what looks like a pale yellow colour which can then be toned.
Oh really that would make my life easier. So would you use 3% or 6% and thinking of toning with wella 10/38? Thanks

Oh really that would make my life easier. So would you use 3% or 6% and thinking of toning with wella 10/38? Thanks
3% should be fine. 10/38 would be lovely!

Just a quick one, I'm worrying about this client tomorrow. With her having white hair will the toner not tone all the hair making it look like a full head colour? Thanks for your help

Just a quick one, I'm worrying about this client tomorrow. With her having white hair will the toner not tone all the hair making it look like a full head colour? Thanks for your help
No because the toner wont give coverage on any white hair left out of the foils.

Latest posts

Back