12/81 & 12/61 = 12% Koleston Perfect

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,my client usually has her hair hilighted with high lift tint ,beach alternated.She is fed up of hlts and wants to go full head blonde but no bleach.She is about a 7 base and has roots now about 3 inches.I called wella and they said use 12/81 & 12/61 = 12% .What do you all think?

Yes, you could do that.

However, 12% plus tint will be a lot more damaging than bleach and 6%. Maybe take this opportunity to educate your client?

If she's naturally a base 7, you could probably get away with bkeach+ 4%and then tone. But if you're against using bleach then 12/81 +12/61 is probaly the beat lift you'll get with 12%:)

Thanks guys.Ive done a strand test today and it’s gorgeous but a bit ashy violet compared to her ends.What do you think I should use to tone the ends ?

Colour touch 2parts 10/6 + 1parts 10/81 :)

Will that be with 1.9% .Should I just do mid length and ends ?

Thanks so much for your advice .very kind of you

Hi again .It seems that colour touch dont make 10/6 what can I use ?

Colour touch definitely do 10/6 in the UK, Where are you looking?

Colour touch definitely do 10/6 in the UK, Where are you looking?
If you can't find any, take a look at kadus demi permanent 10/6 it's practically the same.

Thanks.I did a skin test and she said it's a bit itchy but its fine today

I used the same colour I didn't have a darker one with me

A tiny blob of a level 10 or a highlift tint won’t have much PPD in it but if you apply it to the whole scalp, that’s potentially more than 1000 times the amount of PPD touching the skin.

Probably best to use foils for now.

I used the same colour I didn't have a darker one with me
I wonder if the issue is actually sensitivity, rather than an allergic reaction. Some clients aren't allergic to colour, but can show signs of sensitivity especially when we use 12% on the skin. Leave it a week and try another patch test with 9% and see what happens.

Hi, just to let you know I did the colour and its amazing. I let it develop for 50 mins then just sprayed it down to emulsify through mid lengths and ends to tone .thank you

Hi, you’ve been so helpful.Ive got another prob for you now.My client has dyed black waist length hair ! Thankfully she is having a really good cut first. So,she doesn’t take her colour through every time,and she wants to be a level 6 eventually.(she’s a 2 now) I’ve done a strand test with1.9% ,left for about 30-40mins and it was quite a bit lighter but very red of course.Maybe if I use a stronger bleach maybe 6% and then apply Colour Touch 6/71.What do you think?

Hi, you’ve been so helpful.Ive got another prob for you now.My client has dyed black waist length hair ! Thankfully she is having a really good cut first. So,she doesn’t take her colour through every time,and she wants to be a level 6 eventually.(she’s a 2 now) I’ve done a strand test with1.9% ,left for about 30-40mins and it was quite a bit lighter but very red of course.Maybe if I use a stronger bleach maybe 6% and then apply Colour Touch 6/71.What do you think?
I would definitely try a higher developer, 4% is a good choice if you didn't want to go as high as 6%
I love 6/71 but this woukd still leave the hair quite warm. Consider adding some 0/86 to it, to help neutralise excess warmth :)

If you can't find any, take a look at kadus demi permanent 10/6 it's practically the same.
Could you please tell me how Kadus toners work? What developer to use and what ratios? Many thanks. There isn't really a lot of info on this brand..

Latest posts

Back