12 colour iridesent ice mylar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got these off ebay. they are like bits of foil, how should i use them?

c1e9_1_b.JPG

I'd encase them in either gel / acrylic that would look great !!

I'd encase them in either gel / acrylic that would look great !!

hi, thank you for the reply. I have tired this with acrylic but I land up with a big messy blob. do you have any pointers and pics?

Hi hun i love this stuff it is sssooo effective i put a really thin layer of acrylic on the tip first, then pick up pieces and place on top then put layer of acrylic over the top to seal it or you can mix with the powder hun HTH

hi, thank you for the reply. I have tired this with acrylic but I land up with a big messy blob. do you have any pointers and pics?

Hi hun

The best way to do this is on the free edge when sculpting use a very paper thin layer of clear acrylic place the mylar very quickly on top before it sets.

After you have done this incase the whole lot with clear acrylic the file buff etc as normal you can also add colour/glitter acrylic to the design aswell.

hope this helps:hug:
Tracey

i have some of this in white pearl...i tried it once but i think i was being to anal about getting it just right..i was trying to piece it together like a jigsaw cos i wanted it to look uniform and i guess thats not the way..:lol:...some lovely colours in there...when you have had a play we want pics.. x

i have some of this in white pearl...i tried it once but i think i was being to anal about getting it just right..i was trying to piece it together like a jigsaw cos i wanted it to look uniform and i guess thats not the way..:lol:...some lovely colours in there...when you have had a play we want pics.. x

The best way is to just SLAP it one and dont try to be uniform.

Then you will have fab results

That blue and purple in the middle is gorgeous! Your more than welcome to practice on me! x x x

ive also had success placing it on a thin layer of resin/adhesive and then overlaying.

ive also had success placing it on a thin layer of resin/adhesive and then overlaying.

hi, what do you use to overlay it after placing it on the resin?

thanx everyone. will play this weekend!

hi, what do you use to overlay it after placing it on the resin?

your regular product, gel or l/p acrylic or i suppose fibre/resin. whatever you would normally use for your overlay.

hiya
mix 2 or 3 colours together, it looks very cool!

thanx everyone

Latest posts

Back