12% DHA - is this the most popular strength?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry-brown

Reaction score
Hey Girls

I am going to buy my HVLP 700 and a tent online as this seems the best way to get a good deal.. then go with a brand and training... Please advise if you think something else could be better..

I used a few samples on myself from different companies and I feel the 12% DHA is the best colour - do you find clients prefer to be offered the 8%-10% or is 12% the most popular?

Thanks ladies
x :idea:

Hiya, most of my regulars have a 12 % I rarely use lower percentages on clients.
However I would use a 10% on myself as I am very pale so its good to have a lighter solution in stock. If you get some booster drops then you can always make it darker if a client wants it. xo

Hi,
I offer 10% - 12% & 14%.
Every client is different, some like to be dark, some not.
But if the client already has a darker skin base, you could need 14% for them to see much difference.
I prefer 14% on myself.
The model on my website is wearing Organics 14%
www.spraytanburnley.co.uk
lotsa luv & good luck x x x

Thank you ladies, :hug:

I will purchase a 12% and 14% on my order when I decide on which brand - so many different ones.

I know this may sound silly but with your HVLP can you just clean it out and then put the next solution of DHA in? will it not mess the machine up?

xx

No huni, you put the solution in a cup attached to the gun, so you would clean the cup out and spray through the gun before using a different percentage. xo

Hey Girls

I am going to buy my HVLP 700 and a tent online as this seems the best way to get a good deal.. then go with a brand and training... Please advise if you think something else could be better..

I used a few samples on myself from different companies and I feel the 12% DHA is the best colour - do you find clients prefer to be offered the 8%-10% or is 12% the most popular?

Thanks ladies
x :idea:

Hi there,

I would say 12% is the most popular with my clients. I use it in the OMG Solutions. It gives them the exact colour they are looking for, not to dark, just a lovely natural tan result. It can be used on most skin tones too. Just be carefull on the really pale/fair skinned clients. You dont want top over load there skin with DHA. I would just use an 8%-10% on these clients. Over all i think the 12% is an overall winner.

Hope this helps,

Betsy x

Oh great, all good.

Which product do you use Pinkfairy - just out of interest?

xx

I think it depends on your clientele and to a certain extent your area. Around here, most like a natural tan and don't like it too dark. I find younger clients want a darker tan (although all the girls I do for prom prefer a natural lighter tan) and older clients prefer a lighter tan. My most popular by far is 8%.

I think it depends on your clientele and to a certain extent your area. Around here, most like a natural tan and don't like it too dark. I find younger clients want a darker tan (although all the girls I do for prom prefer a natural lighter tan) and older clients prefer a lighter tan. My most popular by far is 8%.

Absolutely, it definitely depends on your area and ultimately your clients preferences.

I use Tantrick and NKD xo

O really, I think my best bet is getting the 8-10-12%'s and go from there.. better to have most options then just the one.

just need to chose my brand and then I can get on with them :)

Thanks ladies xx

I would try as many as you can before deciding as they can vary in spite of being the same %.

Who are you doing your training with?

Well I am looking into training as well, I need my cetificate as well for insurance - do you know of any good tanning training courses?

xx

12% is def my most popular. I mainly use organics but also use fake bake and brown bitz.

When I started out I got 8 10 and 12 getting the 8 was a waste of time as even really fair people can get away with 10% in organics. I think it does depend on the brand though as 12% in one brand may be darker than a different brand of 12%

lol...think i must be the only one, but my most popular is 16%!! - Nouvatan....but the majority of my clients are youngish & just want to be really dark!! :)

I think I will go for a 10% and 12% - I used to tan at a salon I worked at with St Tropez - people who wanted a darker tan had 2 applications and the fair people 1 application - so I will go for an 10 and 12 -

I used Suntana 12% the other day and I was really impressed with the results. Washes off gradually.

Sunless solutions also seems a nice brand to go with... :irked:xx

I use Sienna X and whitetobrown and only ever use 10% & 12%. I personally find whitetobrown fades off better on paler skinned clients.

I know that Sallys do a couple of spray tan courses so this could be an option if you didn't necessarily want to do a specific branded course, in my area they do both TanTruth and whitetobrown.

Oh really I never new that, I will give Sallys a call now and find out the course information. Thank you, that has helped me Pink Ronnie xx

Oh really I never new that, I will give Sallys a call now and find out the course information. Thank you, that has helped me Pink Ronnie xx

Glad to help :) Hope you managed to find a local course available xx

I mostly use the 12% but do use the 10% sometimes on fair skins and a 14% on the odd young girl who wants to be really dark, but yes, I would say the 12 is my most popular in Nouvatan x

Great thank you ladies,

I am going to Olympia Sunday so hopefully I will be able to get my spray tan equipment, insurance and go from there...

I have looked on LA Tan at the new HVLP TS20 - Looks good and their customer service is great.

Latest posts

Back