12 week blow dry help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An*Gel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi Hair Geeks,

I had a client in with me today and she had just had a 12 week blow dry and her hair looked fab.

She hasn't washed her hair yet and I plan to ask her the next time she's in how she's getting on with it, but I was just wondering if all 12 week blow drys were the same?

My hair is very thin, naturally curly and I have to style it every day and straighten it (I know, I know... I'll have no hair left soon) unlike my client who has thick hair.

The thing is, I hate my curly hair, so I'd love to try out the 12 week blow dry.

Can any of you experts tell me if it's suited to all hair types and if so, are they all the same or are there different brands?

Sorry, I'm clueless when it comes to hair.

I'd love if someone could help me out.... this could be the answers to my prayers.

Thanks Geeks.

:hug:

We use Nano Keratin in our salon. Its not a chemical straightener so wont rid you of your curls, but it reduces 95% of frizz so reduces the need for straightening over and over.
It works by infusing the hair with keratin, thus making it stronger, shinier and less prone to breakage. If you want poker straight hair, you will still need to use the irons, but it wont take near as long.
IMO they are great, when done correctly and the correct after care is used. Shampoos containing sulphates are MASSIVE no no with keratin blow drys
xxx

We use Nano Keratin in our salon. Its not a chemical straightener so wont rid you of your curls, but it reduces 95% of frizz so reduces the need for straightening over and over.
It works by infusing the hair with keratin, thus making it stronger, shinier and less prone to breakage. If you want poker straight hair, you will still need to use the irons, but it wont take near as long.
IMO they are great, when done correctly and the correct after care is used. Shampoos containing sulphates are MASSIVE no no with keratin blow drys
xxx

That sounds great!!

So can you still get body in your hair?

I'm a bit worried I'll end up with it too straight and lank looking if you know what I mean?

Yes. You dont apply it to the roots so you still get lift and movement.
The first few days of not washing are a mare, it will feel flat and far too straight but after the first wash, they are lovely.
Pricey but worth it
xxx

Yes. You dont apply it to the roots so you still get lift and movement.
The first few days of not washing are a mare, it will feel flat and far too straight but after the first wash, they are lovely.
Pricey but worth it
xxx

OK brilliant... now I just have one more question.

There aren't many salons in my town doing it and I don't know if the one my client goes to is doing Nano keratin.

This is what's on their facebook page...

We have a revolutionary straightening treatment containing Keratin! It gives smooth, velvety, glossy and tangle-free hair using an innovative Keratin-based technique. Lasting result (up to 3 months). Eliminates frizz.
Paraben-free.

Is that the same as the one you do, or would it be a different brand and if so, could it be completely different and have different results?

send me the link for the fb page and ill see if its the same one xxx

Latest posts

Back