12 x 6 yr olds booked in for sat ! tell me a good sealer coat!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
hi all

why did i book this?

Anway ....i have 12 x 6 yr olds booked for a nail art party on Sat.....taking along my little helper angie ....

I can see them scootling off and one by one coming back saying 'oi mrs mines smuged' .....what can we put on the top to seal it in so its dry straight the way?

I had thought of a gel topcoat but not sure about this as they are so young....so maybe something else?

Can you help.....i want it to last them......there's a few mums going too so we NEED to do a good job if you catch my drift ...could be a few ££££ to come from this !!

MINKUS said:
hi all

why did i book this?

Anway ....i have 12 x 6 yr olds booked for a nail art party on Sat.....taking along my little helper angie ....

I can see them scootling off and one by one coming back saying 'oi mrs mines smuged' .....what can we put on the top to seal it in so its dry straight the way?

I had thought of a gel topcoat but not sure about this as they are so young....so maybe something else?

Can you help.....i want it to last them......there's a few mums going too so we NEED to do a good job if you catch my drift ...could be a few ££££ to come from this !!
:eek: 12 x 6 year olds!

Bio top coat and quick dry spray from CND?????

i use "out the door" it dries so quickly i use it all the time.
it isnt very good on french manicure because it can cause crackling over the white but i have never had problems using it over polish and nail art.
medea airbrush top coat is also ver good over nail art doesnt dry as quick as out the door but really good top coat and my designs on natural nails have always lasted well.
hth

m sure Jen said something about CNDs new UV top coat?!

amber dont creative do a top coat thingy...a new one in the 411 collection i think...???

Hi Amb,

I use NSI's 'Airshield' Topcoat, it's in a green bottle, you can buy it in 2 sizes and it dries all my nai- art rock hard in 3mins flat! :biggrin:

You can get it direct from nsi at

www.nsinails.co.uk
or
www.thenailwarehouse.biz

Good luck!!!!!

Bev Rose said:
Hi Amb,

I use NSI's 'Airshield' Topcoat, it's in a green bottle, you can buy it in 2 sizes and it dries all my nai- art rock hard in 3mins flat! :biggrin:

You can get it direct from nsi at

www.nsinails.co.uk
or
www.thenailwarehouse.biz

Good luck!!!!!
can you use it over natural nails bev

Sadly no to natural nails, I did ask NSI the same question. It would flake off or peel off can't quite remember what they said apart from no!

Bev Rose said:
Sadly no to natural nails, I did ask NSI the same question. It would flake off or peel off can't quite remember what they said apart from no!
thats a shame cause i have used it over enhancements and it is good

Bev Rose said:

um,:o i always use NSI AIRSHIELD on natural nails (don't think you can use Thermoshield on natural nails) isn't the picture on the retail box is of natural nails. i did a nail art party for a group of 12 year olds and then another for an 18th, i used airshield on all of them and the people who's party it was rang me 2 weeks later to tell me their nail art was still on and hadn't chipped.

Actually, i think your right, I think it was perma gloss i asked about.

Thank god someone's got their act together!!

Yes to Airshield on natural nails!!

Bev Rose said:
Actually, i think your right, I think it was perma gloss i asked about.

Thank god someone's got their act together!!

Yes to Airshield on natural nails!!
brill

MINKUS said:
hi all

why did i book this?

I used 'out the door' clear when I do my nailart parties. Dries in 45seconds and it leaves them looking nice and shiney.

There is the UV Dry that Kate mentioned but this would be too fininiky in my opinion on nailart, as you would have to get them to sit without touching for 3 mins. A solid finish however, just depends on the ages of your kids and how impatient they are!!! 'Out the door' worked for me fine :)

Airshield is fab and my fave product!

I use it all the time!

It is rock hard, super shiny and dries so quickly!

CND 411 fast dry top coats

Air Dry - Really good fast drying top coat
Heat Dry - drys quickly under standard light
UV Dry - great but you need a lamp

Out the door is fab for fingers that have to be dry super fast, but I too like NSI airshield for its glossy shine!

Does the NSI airshield come off with remover or do you have to buff it off?

smiler13334 said:
Does the NSI airshield come off with remover or do you have to buff it off?

Ive not tried NSI airshield before...how is it used?

CND heat dry would be your best bet hun, paint on and put fingers under a normal lamp bulb and they will dry! x

Hi ya

NSI airshield works really well on nail art, keeps it on for weeks without chipping, I used it on a party not long ago of 6x 13 year olds and the mothers were so happy, they all wrote letters to the school to excues their daugters nails for a while lol

Its super shiney too

Latest posts

Back