12 year old skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marion

Reaction score
After Halloween dressing up, my 12 year old removed her make up with water and shower gel :confused: then she put some of my dry skin moisturiser on her face and her face was feeling tight.:eek:

She woke up the next day with swollen red patches on her cheeks, i gave her an antihistamine. But two days later she still has very dry flaky patches on her cheeks ... Can anyone advise what to do for her?

After Halloween dressing up, my 12 year old removed her make up with water and shower gel :confused: then she put some of my dry skin moisturiser on her face and her face was feeling tight.:eek:

She woke up the next day with swollen red patches on her cheeks, i gave her an antihistamine. But two days later she still has very dry flaky patches on her cheeks ... Can anyone advise what to do for her?
Well 12 is a very young skin and it is probably that your products were way too harsh for her baby skin.Some can take it but some cant,sadly.

I would leave well alone apart from applying an E45 cream for her to moisturise,failing that try Darphin Intral which is for sensitive skin

thank you i will try E45, don't know why i didn't think of it.

I was so shocked that she had used shower gel and my harsh cream in the first place, poor petal.

do you think solar oil could be applied to the face/rash?

Do you have any aloe vera gel?

i think i might have some under all my tanning lotions. thanks

A little almond oil would be good or even a light olive oil.

does your daughter have exzma(oops,sorry spelt wrong!!)? i do and when i put new products on my skin...for getting rid of spots...i sometimes would look like i had been stung by a bee...face was swollen and red and dry skin patches and itchy....i would advice taking your daughter to doc,s as they have the right med for skin...sometimes trying other treatments will make her skin worsexxxx

Personally i would use sudocrem its the best thing ever! L x

Latest posts

Back