130 vol peroxide - who knew?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60 is still available where I live, I've often thought about it in the 'creative' way too sneaky buggers! Some of the results definatley don't match up to the formulas stated :/ I need a bottle of 130 😂 Kim k's white/yellow will defo be available in one sitting then! Along with a little bag to take the rest of their hair home in lol

60 is still available where I live, I've often thought about it in the 'creative' way too sneaky buggers! Some of the results definatley don't match up to the formulas stated :/ I need a bottle of 130 😂 Kim k's white/yellow will defo be available in one sitting then! Along with a little bag to take the rest of their hair home in lol

When you think about it, there are very little uses for it in hairdressing. Sometimes I have looked at photos/videos that have been styled amazingly, that you can tell will look like straw when the model washes her hair.

Agreed, on Kim k's first pic the ends were very sleek but so fine in comparison to the rest of her hair, that's going to be a nightmare to keep intact I think

Exactly, hence my reference to passport control queues. :wink2:

However, all the developers I use are cream based peroxides and I'd rather not dilute them with water as I understand it can affect the results. So I wonder what colour lines these US hairdressers use?

😳 I didn't see your comment below the photo about passport control

I diluted in college when training because we had no 10 vol left but never really needed to since qualifying.
I do remember a girls mother (the type who was a bit of a hairdresser 20 years ago) placing 60 vol onto her daughters scalp. The girl ended up with some serious soreness, even though it was washed off after no time at all - due to the pain. That frightens me. It must have been torture! 😱

I know some American stylists do . Guy tang does as well iirc

I've never seen a video where Guy Tang is haphazard with mixing. As a matter of fact, i believe i recall him stating more than once how important it is to follow manufacturers directions.

Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Years ago salons used to buy 18% (60vol) peroxide by the gallon. They would then used a peroxometer to dilute it to the required peroxide level.
Back then there was only liquid peroxide. We are still taught at college how to dilute but it should only be done when using liquid peroxide due to stabilisers in the cream version.
I can't remember what I've read now ha ha but was this in the US?
I know when I worked out there it was alot harder to use the wholesalers, you had to take your membership card or qualifications, my local wholesaler sells to anyone!
12% is high enough for me, too many cowboys around for any higher ha ha x
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

If you used 60vol you would get slightly more lift, a lot of scalp irritation and very little deposit/neutralization from the colour, so very brassy results. If I try it i'll post photos. :)

I currently do exactly this on my own head out of curiousity. It's just fine, I also add two sachets of sweet'n'low and I finally can be a single process blond :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426442141.136100.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426442174.334259.jpg

But what does it do to the cuticle layer?

But what does it do to the cuticle layer?
Probably no good 😅

My hair is still feeling better than being bleached at least..! Will try it next week for the 3rd time as a retouch, still happy with it.

I've never seen a video where Guy Tang is haphazard with mixing. As a matter of fact, i believe i recall him stating more than once how important it is to follow manufacturers directions.

Just saying.

He doesn't always follow manufacturers instructions. On the video testing for freelights he used cling film and heat and then said it smelt fishy or something like that. Probably because you can't use heat with it lol. Not sure about mixing. I tend to skip those bits.

He doesn't always follow manufacturers instructions. On the video testing for freelights he used cling film and heat and then said it smelt fishy or something like that. Probably because you can't use heat with it lol. Not sure about mixing. I tend to skip those bits.

My bad. Hadn't seen that one!

I used Londa 12/81 but don't try this on clients.

It does sting

I would never do this on clients I was just thinking about myself I'm a natural base 7

Latest posts

Back