130 vol peroxide - who knew?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcidPerm

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just saw this on a FB post.

Apparently, you can buy 130vol peroxides (and stronger) in the States and dilute them for use with various colour lines. :Scared:

image.jpg

(...and they make such a fuss at Passport Control? ....mutters darkly...)

Last edited:
Very scary :-0

Oh my good god!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

In the UK wasn't above 60 vol banned from sale because it can be used to make bombs? I know that 60 vol liquid peroxide used to be on shelves in my local warehouse but isn't anymore.

In the UK wasn't above 60 vol banned from sale because it can be used to make bombs? I know that 60 vol liquid peroxide used to be on shelves in my local warehouse but isn't anymore.

Exactly, hence my reference to passport control queues. :wink2:

However, all the developers I use are cream based peroxides and I'd rather not dilute them with water as I understand it can affect the results. So I wonder what colour lines these US hairdressers use?

Wow! 😳

I think even the higher peroxides are available in creme form, although the highest I have is 60vol. I remember there being an issue about buying it in the UK recently, but I think it came down to needing a licence to buy it.

When it isn't diluted before use, I know some use higher peroxides for balayage (although not quite 130vol) and also with olaplex.

Adam out if curiosity do you know if you were to use 60vol or higher with a highlift tint would it produce a better (less warm) result? Have you ever tried?

Adam out if curiosity do you know if you were to use 60vol or higher with a highlift tint would it produce a better (less warm) result? Have you ever tried?

If you used 60vol you would get slightly more lift, a lot of scalp irritation and very little deposit/neutralization from the colour, so very brassy results. If I try it i'll post photos. :)

Imagine that with bleach!! Black to white in 10 secs!

If you used 60vol you would get slightly more lift, a lot of scalp irritation and very little deposit/neutralization from the colour, so very brassy results. If I try it i'll post photos. :)

I was only thinking for foils 40vol on scalp is horrible enough lol! Yea if you do add some pics :)

If you have a chance to test 20 vol vs 60 vol with bleach, it really shows that faster bleaching = more damage.

I think highlift with 40 is ok on scalp though.

I think they add a drop when balayaging to give it an extra kick

I know some American stylists do . Guy tang does as well iirc

130 vol scares me though haha

What tho 60 or 130?

I think they add a drop when balayaging to give it an extra kick

Yeah some people do this, and it bugs the hell out of me. I feel like it is an excuse to be imprecise with mixing colour, under the guise of being 'creative'.

130 I was on about . I know 60 was available in the UK up until a few years before I started training

Latest posts

Back