14 inch nail tip weights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexica1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive only done about 20 sets of extensions so far and this is the first client ive had who is wanting 14 inch nail tips.

Im a bit confused about the weights of 14 inch strands tho. Neither of my 2 suppliers offer 14 inch so Ive been having a look around. Prestige do 14 inch but they are 0.7g. My client has hair just reaching her shoulders and is asking for half a head. Normally I would only offer half head to someone who is just looking for thickness and not length but 14 inch would give her about 3 inches of length.

To gain 3 inches of length I would normally suggest 150g of 1g strands.

So if I use 14 inch 0.7g, am I gong to have to apply nearer 200 bonds, therefore not a half head at all??

Am I just being really dim and missing the obvious?

Please help Geeks x

Because the 14 inch are shorter a 0.7g strand gives the same thickness as a 1g 18 inch strand that's been cut down to 14 inches - do you know what I mean?

So if you usually use 150 X 1g 18 inch

You would only need 150 X 0.7g 14 inch

That's how I work anyway and not been caught out yet!

I would normally apply half head only for thickness and that would be between 80-100 bonds so I would say 150 bonds would be for a full head. If she needs length you will need to apply at least 150 bonds and I would charge for full head fitting for that.

Latest posts

Back