15 minute Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susie3162

Reaction score
:|Can someone please tell me what they manage to do in a 15 minute Manicure? I can never do one in 15 minutes, how can you do a file & shape, base coat, two coats of polish and a top coat in 15 minutes? or am I doing too much? I work for a pamper company occasionally and always opt out of doing the 15 minute manicures because of the time issue, any advice would be helpful. Susie

:|Can someone please tell me what they manage to do in a 15 minute Manicure? I can never do one in 15 minutes, how can you do a file & shape, base coat, two coats of polish and a top coat in 15 minutes? or am I doing too much? I work for a pamper company occasionally and always opt out of doing the 15 minute manicures because of the time issue, any advice would be helpful. Susie

No one can do an effective long lasting manicure in 15 minutes! You are not doing too much, rather they are asking you to do too little.

The only thing you can do in 15 minutes is a cleanse of the nail surface and add a colour. You couldn't possibly do cuticle work, prepare the surface and do a good paint job in 15 minutes.

I'm sure there is many a disappointed customer after a 15 minute manicure. But you get what you pay for.

Agree with the above and that's why I don't offer it.

Jacqui xx

Takes me 15 mins just to do cuticle work!

This is what amazes me when people say they can do SOG treatments in 45 mins including soaking off.

My prep takes almost that long before applying.

Is this something you have seen advertised? If so, go and ask what is involved because it may just be file and polish.
Our 'mini manicures' are 30 mins because as you have all said, it just can't be done in less time.

This is what amazes me when people say they can do SOG treatments in 45 mins including soaking off.

I do a full new Shellac service in 30 minutes. And soak off and re-Shellac in 45 minutes no problem.

There is not nearly the same amount of manicuring to do with a re-Shellac service ... Exactly as there is not the same amount of preparation to do before applying enhancements to a long time wearer at each rebalance appointment.

Perhaps it's different for soak of gels, but certainly for Shellac those times are qute accurate.

Glad it's not just me.. My prep takes as long as gel application!

I find it hard to understand how they can assure a 15 min manicure when every client is different and has different nails. Some may not have had cuticle work in goodness knows how long which would mean you spending a good amount of time doing it. Unless they are really lucky and always have someone with almost prepped nails.
Otherwise i really cant see anyone coming away with a great manicure from 15 mins. If they are then the manicurists must be supersonic fast :p

Oh and btw, i wouldnt feel bad about opting out of doing the 15 min manicures. It just means that you actually care about giving a good quality manicure and dont want to rush a treatment. I would say that makes you a good technician :)

Latest posts

Back