19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by that picture it's too similar to Hollywood and Wildfire which I already have. Is it really worth adding a 3rd "very similar" red colour to your range?

However, I am running low of Hollywood so will probably buy this as a replacement but for those who already have the full Shellac colour range this could be a disappointment.

Judging by that picture it's too similar to Hollywood and Wildfire which I already have. Is it really worth adding a 3rd "very similar" red colour to your range?

However, I am running low of Hollywood so will probably buy this as a replacement but for those who already have the full Shellac colour range this could be a disappointment.

My clients will love it, I have 3 that only ever wear the reds so they will be chuffed. I've just compared it to a pic of wildfire and it is definitely different x

I am not sure why any of you would think that actual inventers of CND Shellac - CND, would be stupid enough to say "hey lets make 4 more colours that are just like ones we have already?" They are not stupid!

What is difficult for them to do, is to relate the exact colour on the INSIDE of the bottle, to the outside of the bottle. It is neigh on impossible to do an exact match.

I am having Lobster Roll tomorrow and it is gorgeous - a darker orangey/reddy Tropix and not Wildfire or Hollywood at all and no shimmer!

Yeee of little faith!:Scared::rolleyes::smack:

They're great summer brights, the Xmas and A/W are also awesome AND - I have seen spring 2014 and so are they... :cool:

Last edited:
I am not sure why any of you would think that acual inventers of CND Shellac - CND, would be stupid enough to say "hey lets make 4 more colours that are just like ones we have already?" They are not stupid!

What is difficult for them to do, is to relate the exact colour on the INSIDE of the bottle, to the outside of the bottle. It is neigh on impossible to do an exact match.

I am having Lobster Roll tomorrow and it is gorgeous - a darker orangey/reddy Tropix and not Wildfire or Hollywood at all and no shimmer!

Yeee of little faith!:Scared::rolleyes::smack:

They're great summer brights, the Xmas and A/W are also awesome AND - I have seen spring 2014 and so are they... :cool:

Oh Mrs geek you are such a tease!!! I'm loving lobster roll and I agree its a reddy tropix. I cannot wait to get my hands on these next week! Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

I think even on pops the colours can look deceptive, they always look different according to what light they are seen in. Can't see how CND would invest so much into colours we already have

I find that colours also vary greatly between clients. I would never dismiss a colour just because I thought it looked similar, when its on everyone sees something different.

Karaxxx

OH PUHLLEEASSE Mrs Geek, can we see the Colours on Colour Pops!! I have been telling my clients for the last 2 days about the new release next week!!! ;)

Well I would like to think so, it just looks a lot like hollywood in the picture.

I am super excited about the others anyway and I HAVE to have them all so I shall!

Last edited:
OH PUHLLEEASSE Mrs Geek, can we see the Colours on Colour Pops!! I have been telling my clients for the last 2 days about the new release next week!!! ;)

Mini4mum - I am now away from the office for a week - although we have colour pops in the Sweet Shop - I haven't taken images to post... they will be availble on line at sweetsquared.com from midnight on Monday running into Tues 2nd... hope this helps :idea:

Last edited:
It reminds me of Opi Cajun shrimp - I love that shade but don't use Opi anymore so having a similar shellac one will be great x

Mini4mum - I am now away from the office for a week - although we have colour pops in the Sweet Shop - I have taken images to post... they will be availble on line at sweetsquared.com from midnight on Monday running into Tues 2nd... hope this helps :idea:

Thank you! I will be buying them anyway... It's my Easter treat ;) that and a lot of chocolate hehehe :D

It looks like a nice coral colour very similar to tropic layered with hot chilis. I love OPI Cajun Shrimp so hope it's similar ;)

Wishing the weekend away now!

I definitely want to see neons and a baby green but they've never listened to us so they will probably continue to bring out the same old colours that are like one shade up from the ones we already have. Huff!

It looks similar to fiesta. The old cnd enamel colour. Both myself and clients loved it.

I definitely want to see neons and a baby green but they've never listened to us so they will probably continue to bring out the same old colours that are like one shade up from the ones we already have. Huff!

CND won't bring out neons due the the pigments used to create neon or glow in the dark products haven't been passes by the FDA (Food and Drink Administration)
They will not use any products until its been passed therefore making sure there is no risk to our clients who use any of CND products.

CND do listen to us and if you have any suggestions email CND direct with your ideas.
We all shouted about wanting Ruby Ritz to be a permanent colour and they have listened :)
You must remember that the colours the have brought out this year were all chosen last year, Mrs Geek has commented that she has seen Spring next years colours.
:hug:

CND won't bring out neons due the the pigments used to create neon or glow in the dark products haven't been passes by the FDA (Food and Drink Administration)
They will not use any products until its been passed therefore making sure there is no risk to our clients who use any of CND products.

CND do listen to us and if you have any suggestions email CND direct with your ideas.
We all shouted about wanting Ruby Ritz to be a permanent colour and they have listened :)
You must remember that the colours the have brought out this year were all chosen last year, Mrs Geek has commented that she has seen Spring next years colours.

I agree with the above and also if you are registered user on CND.com they do send emails asking for survey to be completed, which as stated in their emails "can help influence future launches as CND works to serve you better".

Klassy Klaws can I ask why other Gels that originate from the US have neon colours etc? is it because the companies use it without FDA certification or is there a loop hole, that if its not manufactured in the US they can allow glow in the dark pigments? Sorry if I sound stupid but this has been on my mind for ages & I although I have looked into it, I can't seem to find an answer!!

Klassy Klaws can I ask why other Gels that originate from the US have neon colours etc? is it because the companies use it without FDA certification or is there a loop hole, that if its not manufactured in the US they can allow glow in the dark pigments? Sorry if I sound stupid but this has been on my mind for ages & I although I have looked into it, I can't seem to find an answer!!

I don't think people want neon per se, I think what they've been asking for is HOT, BRIGHT, SUMMER colours, like Orange, Electric Blue, Bright Greens, yellows.

Obviously some of these colours have since come out, but there have been colours that have been released that haven't really been in keeping with the seasons.

We haven't yet had chance to see the new colours in the flesh, so they may be what we've been waiting for (fingers crossed), but for me personally I don't want to have a colour that's a shade or so different, I want a rainbow of colours. :lol:

But I am looking forward to seeing them in the Academy.

Approval by the FDA is not required to sell products in the USA. They are an administration designed to help aid consumers in choosing products. And their opinion is important, but not law.

Latest posts

Back