?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps thats a good thing. You have tried the fancying pants off way, and it didnt work. So you could try getting to know him and go from there way.

You might find all of his good qualities and kindness will shine through,with you falling in love with that. He could sweep you off you feet :eek:
GOOD LUCK Xxx

Hi

And look where his good looks got you! Pondering over the BBQ boy! Your ex is still controlling you, your feelings and the way you think. He ruined your life back then so stop him now. It's hard to forget about someone you love but it is easier when you have someone else take your mind off him.
My partner is short, bald, big gob, Dave Courtney Look a Like but I fancy him. Didn't at first but when that twinkle appears in their eyes everytime they see you.... thats the phwarrrrrrr! I think a person becomes even sexier when you get to know them.

LOL

Emx

it's not all about looks Vicki hun... good grief, if it were then there'd be a hell of a lot of single people in the world eh?
you look at some 'couples' and wonder why the heck they are with each other as they don't seem compatible, that's because we only 'look' at them and don't 'know' them.
we look for what we think we like only to find it doesn't suit us as much as we thought it would BUT it looked good...
give this guy a chance, get to know him properly and above all else... be yourself :D
xxx

Sassy Hassy said:
Hmm I have to be honest, the two people I have had long term relationships I both fancied at first sight. However my ex husband couldn't understand why I said that him being my best friend was more important than looks. I made sure that second time around that he was my best friend too, Yeah, it's lovely to have a good looking bloke on your arm, but like I say when the passion fizzles then friendship will take over. If you don't have that to start with then there is nowhere for the relationship to go.

What is it that you look for in a guy to fancy? and why is BBQ man lacking this?!!!

BBQ man/boy! LMAO!

He just isn't my usual type and I don't look at him and think 'god your sexy'!

I didn't fancy my now Husband at all when I met him - everyone said he fancied me but I didn't believe them.

We used to all go out as a huge group from work, and it ended up with just the two of us one night after the others had all drifted off. We got chatting and agreed to go out for dinner the following week as we were both bored and at a loose end. I still didn't fancy him at all.

We went out for dinner, had a fab time, and at the end of the night he kissed me goodnight - bloody hell!! My knees shook, my head was spinning, and I knew at that moment I was in love :lol:

Up until that moment he had never crossed my mind that I might fancy him at all :D

Don't force it, you don't have to be in love with someone to go out for a drink, meet for dinner, a walk in the park, etc. Just spend some time with him nothing has to be immediate.

T
xx

Definatly!

All my ex boyfriends are what some would call 'mingers' but a mental connection is the most important thing. When I met my little girls dad I thought he was pig ugly with a nicely rounded beer belly. But within 5 minutes of talking to him I fell in love with him and we were together for 2 and a half years.

As long as they've got their own teeth I really dont care what a man looks like!

But even the mingers dont want me anymore:cry:

HA HA, Im too busy for a man, the best kind comes with batteries anyway.

holliejayne said:
HA HA, Im too busy for a man, the best kind comes with batteries anyway.

LMFAO - mine's powered by the mains!!!

why cant you just carry on the way it is for now and see how things develop. Who knows how yu might feel.

To be totally honest with you by reading through your posts i think you have answered your own question you just cant hear yurself....lol!!!

You know when it is right i think, even if you say you dont fancy him or look at him in that way, if there is a spark between you, either physically or even mentally through yur conversations you know when their is and that there is something different between you.

But i think you already now what to do and maybe you are just wanting to move onas quick as your ex as???. Take your time and be friends with this man, he sounds ok to me and obviously thinks alot of you.

Let us know how you get on,x

Ive got 4 and I love them more than any man Ive ever been with.

such a dirty geek!!

I'm metered, so it works out a tad expensive, need to get a cheaper one...lol

Sassy Hassy said:
LMFAO - mine's powered by the mains!!!

holliejayne said:
Ive got 4 and I love them more than any man Ive ever been with.

such a dirty geek!!

Change your geeky name (under your user name) to dirth geek! LOL

I need a silent one as I now live at home unfortunately!

So do I! my bedroom is right next door do my parents, but the secret is pillows and duvets. 2 duvets and a few pillows round the sides hides it completely. you do tend to get a bit hot though, but its worth it.

He he he, I know all the tricks.

Fingertips ND said:
Change your geeky name (under your user name) to dirth geek! LOL

I need a silent one as I now live at home unfortunately!

Vicki sweetheart, if you think your battery operated devise will be more fun then I would stick to that. But personally I would give this bbq/boy/man a go, you don't have to go for a deep and meaningful full on thingy, just go with the flow. Have some fun and move on if you decide he is not for you right now. There is always your battery operated device at home waiting for you ;)

JMO lol!

Hi chick,

What have you got to loose with the bbq bloke. He sounds lovely I think you should at least give him the benefit of the doubt, & lethim wine & dine you.

Whats the saying 'you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince charming!'

Life is far too short for what ifs... stop teasing this poor man, put him out of his misery, & go knock him dead girl!!!

I have been with Rob for 13 years and when we first met i did fancy him but he wasn't my usual type....all my ex-boyfriends where stereo typical ...Boxers..Footballers..etc...it was all...the gym this and the gym that...how many weights they had done...how fast there car was...BORING !!!!! so when i met Rob and all he did for 3 hours was chat about his mom and sisters...it made a nice change.

I knew we would be together, and love him more the longer we are together...real love takes time to mature, and the fancy him bit gets more aswell....he has aged well...lol...so to answer your question...yes i did fancy the pants off him when we first met...but more importantly he interested me...i could have listened to him for hours.

The others i fancied too...but they bored the hell outta me...and being boring to me is unattractive.

Its how the person makes you feel and what they are like inside that makes them attractive...they could be gorgeous to look at but a total pig, this makes them an ugly person....not there looks.

Have to say i feel lucky though cos i seem to have found both...xxx

Give him a chance...or how will you ever know...he could be Mr Right. xxx

Hi Vicki, i know exactly how you are feeling right now as i am too, me and my ex split 7 months ago and it was the worst thing in my life, i felt and still feel as though a part of me is missing, i went on my first date monday and although this bloke is ok, he took me out and we had a good conversation, i just dont fancy him and now dont know what to do, i think im too looking for my ex but as everyone has said and reading this thread is great where has it got us!! i think im looking for someone similar to my ex, looks wise! so i also dont know what to do lol but just to let you know im feeling the same too xx

Hey Honey,

Take the advise given hun you have got nothing to loose VBG
and to be honest you might not fancy him but you did manage a snog lol and so he can't be that horrid looking or you wouldn't have let him get that close in the first place!!

When I went on my first date (LOL) with my hubby I hadn't really even noticed him (I knew his brother) I was upset about a guy I liked getting back with his ex!! and so when Julian asked if I fancied going to the cinema I said yes - just for something to do.... well 3 months later we bought a house together, that was 14 years ago (we have been married 10) I can honesty say that I still fancy him, he is still my best friend I love him to bits and yes like Joanne some days I really don't like him at all LOL

I think you need to go out with him and give him a chance - if there really wasn't any interest there at all you wouldn't have given him a second thought would you. If you go and it doesn't work out yo haven't lost anything he might have a broken heart lol but if you don't go well this "could" be the one and you would never know!!!

Anyway I will stop rambling and boring you chuck :)
Just let us know how you get on :)xxxix

When I first met my partner, it was love at first sight. Our eyes met across the dancefloor and as we approached each other, the music took hold and we rock n rolled til I was thrown to the ground and my blouse ripped off...lol. Thirteen years later........we're still rock and rolling.

David

when i met nathan it was just a few weeks after my sons accident. he litteraly lived in the next street and i passed his house every day for 3 yrs. but never noticed him, any way he stopped me in the street to ask me how my son was, he is good looking but he has a killer smile. and it just went on from there. he put a bussiness card through my door asking me to ring him, then sent his son round and said when are we gonna go out for a drink.

but going back to that day he certainly put spring in my step and a smile on my face. and the rest as they say is history.
oh sorry yes it was luv at 1st sight. xxxx
vikki give him ago darlin and see what happends. xx

I have to say I fancied my partner the first time I set eyes on him and he was the same. We are now so much in love and are best friends too - neither of us could ever be without the other - so yes you can have both. I personally would have to fancy someone to go out with them, but we are all different and that's what makes the world such a fascinating place.

Latest posts

Back