1930's style nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Reaction score
hey guys!

a client came in today she is going to some sort of fancy dress party and wants her nails painted like the 1930's way, you know bright red with the lunula bit missed out, i said i would give it ago but thought i would ask you guys what is the best way to achieve this look??

ta guys x x x

Hey hun.

I love this look, and a good way to create it is to paint the nail as normal, but leaving the lanula free, but not worrying about getting the line perfectly curved first time.

using a square paint brush or similar, small of course, dip it in nail varnish remover (not so its dripping mind) and swipe out the lanula area.

Do your second coat, and keep to the curve as much as poss, then swipe out again to tidy the edges!

hope this helps, takes a bit of practise, but it looks fab when you do it right! :hug:

i do this as it is very fanshionable at the mo as well but i have a corrector pen so i use that.

Paint the nail as normal and then take out the half moon shape with the pen xxhthxx

i do this as it is very fanshionable at the mo as well but i have a corrector pen so i use that.

Paint the nail as normal and then take out the half moon shape with the pen xxhthxx

:green::green: off I go to find a corrector pen! Much easier way of doing it!! :green::green:

not sure i have ever seen these, def didn't know they were from 1930's, just goes to show i don't know everything. bet they look fab in bright red. might give this a go.

Nikki (aka Lotus Blossom) came 6th in the Excel photographic competition 2006 with her art deco nails, they were gorgeous.
I've searched for a pic but can't find one, not even on my email!!!

Send her a private message and she'll be able to help you, her nails looked amazing :D

hth's

Latest posts

Back