1st 2nd 3rd set sculpted nails on a person's hand.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillmizz

Reaction score
I AM CURRENTLY TRAINING IN SCULPTURED AND MAINTENANCE AT HOME. I HAVE GOT A MODEL HAND BUT MY FAMILY WANTED ME TO PRACTICE ON THEM SO I DID.

i BROUGHT NSI PRODUCTS AS I DON'T LIKE THE ONES IM WORKING WITH ON THE COURSE.

1SR SET SHE WANTED CRACKED ICE WITH A DRIED FLOWER ON TWO OF THE FINGERS. WHAT DU THINK?

2nd set she wanted a natural look for work so we did a pink and white. what u think?

3rd set she was a nail bitter i wanted a longer nail bed but she wanted to keep it small with the glitter going into a v shape with nail art on 2 fingers. i had to do what the cilent asked. what u think?

i would be greatfull for any constructive criticism. I would like to no if you guys think i am ready to advertise for models an charge a small fee. i am not trained in nail art, glitters anything ive learned myself. i am gaining confidence everytime i do someone else s, i am looking to finish my course in a few more months then train with nsi conversion if they will take me with me training with essential nails, i hope so though as nails are a passion of mine love doing them an making my own things up.

Attachments

• Nails 002.jpg
    Nails 002.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 3,094
  • Nails 001.jpg
    Nails 001.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2,913
  • Nails 007.jpg
    Nails 007.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 6,275
Hi there. Practice on friends and family is very valuable because the trainer hand can only teach so much so keep that up!! Grab as many guinea pigs as you can :)

The pics are a bit blurry so i cant give too many tips on the nails but the one thing i notice that will make them all look a lot sleeker, is to bring the sidewalls in more. The flare out a little at the moment so the nails look wider on the tips. Its something i think everyone does at first because we're all a bit scared of filing down the side near the clients skin, but it will make a huge difference to the nails.

Keep at it, not sure how long you've been training but it looks like you're doing just fine :D and practice practice!!! HTH xxxx

I wold agree with Miss Owen, the side walls need bringing in a bit.

The other things I noticed was, in the first pic, all the F/E's are different lengths (the colored bit is longer on some and shorter on others).
You have done better with the 2nd set in keeping the F/E's more uniform, so well done there:)
The 3rd pic, the smile line is too far up the nail which makes the nail bed look really tiny and unbalanced. Using a cover powder will fix this by being able to extend the nail bed.

Over all you have done well, go get yourself more models and keep practicing.
Good luck:hug:

... agree with both OP's, what i will add is, your the technician so while its important to listen to the client, you also need to keep in mind the balance of the nail... I allow my clients to choose colours and shape, but as far as where the smile line is thats up to me.. keep going xx your doing great xx

Agree also - the first set are gorgeous just need the colour making more uniform in length, 2nd set are really pretty and the 3rd set I would have extended the bed with a cover pink and made the colour free edge thinner also :D

Next to do on my list is get a qualiication in sculpting - i can sort of sculpt but want to perhaps do some 1 - 2 - 1 with Hazel Dixon on scuplting stilettos :D xx

thank you everyone. i have only been doing them for about 1 month. so i got a lot to learn. I would have finished my corse in the next month an will be going on to nsi training x x xthanks again

... agree with both OP's, what i will add is, your the technician so while its important to listen to the client, you also need to keep in mind the balance of the nail... I allow my clients to choose colours and shape, but as far as where the smile line is thats up to me.. keep going xx your doing great xx

Gosh Chels so glad you said that I have been having issues with a couple of clients over this exact problem! Wish they got that it looks wrong having a smile line half way down the nail bed! D'Oh!

Latest posts

Back