1st Attempt!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzlingtouch

Reaction score
I need some help, i managed to do one hand of sculpted nails for the first time on myself and am very pleased with the result. I even had a better finish to them with less filing. I also found that they end up alot thinner!! Sculping is the way to go!!

I would love to hear everyones advice and opinions on how to improve. These may have even given me the incentive to book on the masters course!!

Lisa

Attachments

• lil.jpg
    lil.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 246
  • lilili.jpg
    lilili.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 238
Wow I think their lovely Lisa, well done! :D

dazzlingtouch said:
I need some help, i managed to do one hand of sculpted nails for the first time on myself and am very pleased with the result. I even had a better finish to them with less filing. I also found that they end up alot thinner!! Sculping is the way to go!!

I would love to hear everyones advice and opinions on how to improve. These may have even given me the incentive to book on the masters course!!

Lisa

They look really great for a first attempt.. you have 'the knack' You go girl! :biggrin:

beautifull nails I cant believe you did them on your self you have lots of talent. I would let you do my nails any time!!!!! Well done on your first go :biggrin:

just a sprig of advicefor ya all. if your going to pinch a nail, its actually easier when you begin to use your thumbnails. this get you used to feeling the pressure thats needed as well as feeling the movability/set point of the product. if you've never pinched before, sometimes you can have a tendency to overpinch if your not carefull or pinch to soon and splodge your beautiful nail!!. once your used to the technique and know when the correct set point is reached, use the tonges and pinch away!!

antony

They're fantastic Lisa! Can I ask what you used? Did you use soft white from Creative as they look nice and soft. I looooooove them!!!

How do you do such love crisp smile lines like that! I'm still learniing and I can't do it lol! and thats just on the nail trainer!! I want to get my teeth into sculpting once I've done all my homework for my FDFC.... I agree they look sooooo much nicer... and more natural!!

Well done..... I hope I can be as good as that one day.... I would love to beable to do that on myself!

xx Tamm

oh and by the way lol! How do you put those little stones on? They're a lovely little touch!

Sorry forgot to ask that before!!

xx Tamm

sweetie, you did a fabulous job! they really look wonderful!

Beautiful Lisa,
They`re a nice colour too. What colour did you use for the free edge? and the crystals, they look like they`re attached after completion, are they just glued on?

Hi Lisa

They are fab darling well done great smile lines :D

Keeo up the good work babe.

Take care Dawnie xxx

Lisa these are great :biggrin: Love the colour, I love all Purples and lilac shades. Keep em coming

You should be really pleased with them Lisa, they look beautifull. :) If any one asks you why only one hand done - say 'this is the before' and 'this is the after lol. :lol: :lol: Sculpting is an art form and gives great results as you can tell. have fun.

Hi,

Thanks for all your kind words, i used creative perfect colours and mosaics to make the purple.

They have been on a week now and one finger seems to have a pocket lift, how does this happen?

Also how do i rebalance these nails?

To attach the diamond, i just put one layer of clear topcoat placed the diamonds on whilst tacky and then put a top coat on top. I only put varnish on the middle finger but surprisingly you cant really see a difference!!

Cheers anthony i think i might have a look at olympia for some special pinching thingys.

Mani-fique, to help you do perfect smile lines you need to have the right ratio i have only just got the right ratio for application. You also have to be aware that if the room is cold it wont work as well it will take agesto set and do each nail. I only did my FDFC in may and had no experience of nails before, i hadnt even been to have my nails done!! I have been practicing on myself and freinds but not lots i have done about 1 set a week, but have learnt so much from doing my own nails as you can see where you are going wrong and how you need to improve.

Thanks
Lisa x

dazzlingtouch said:
Mani-fique, to help you do perfect smile lines you need to have the right ratio i have only just got the right ratio for application. You also have to be aware that if the room is cold it wont work as well it will take agesto set and do each nail. I only did my FDFC in may and had no experience of nails before, i hadnt even been to have my nails done!! I have been practicing on myself and freinds but not lots i have done about 1 set a week, but have learnt so much from doing my own nails as you can see where you are going wrong and how you need to improve.
Thanks Lisa for that..... I think my ration ends up all over the place as I inevitably end up needing more beads and making a right mess in an attempt to get the smile line right and the apex come to that. My work is very sloppy and the ratio gets very wet in my attempt to fix things.

Its good to know that it does take time to get it all right. I suppose I'm being exptremely impatient with myself..... I'm asuming that I must be getting something right by now but I've not even been on my 4th day of my FDFC yet. Its just sooooooo maddening when you can't get any of it right!

Thanks for the advice..... I would love to know what the mix was exactly for the colour that you used...... its soooo feminine.

xx Tamm

I have just done 3D nail art for the first time. On my sculped thumb!!

Attachments

• 3dnailflower.jpg
    3dnailflower.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 3dnail.jpg
    3dnail.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 117
dazzlingtouch said:
Cool...........well done! what did you use?

I used creative mosaic powders and then acrylic paint to put the details on!! I need to practice loads as i have seen so much talented work.

dazzlingtouch said:

wow thats looks great

Your first attempt is gorgeous - have you got the 3d bug yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back