1st Bag of "Favours" (aka humbugs) received

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a confession to make....

I did buy some on sunday....but i have never tried these before and they where calling my name from the cupboard...."angie...come eat me...eat me now angie".....so i ate them...the whole blooming lot.....(infact they gave me the trots) anyway....the point is....i will buy another bag, or 2 (just in case) and send them this weekend.

sorry xx

why didnt you just go buy some if you are that desperate for them. im sure i saw a post where a geek had posted a link for you.

Ok, it's because on the original thread when this convo started, I saw the shipping charges to cover the amount I needed and nearly had a heart attack. (especially after you consider the rate of exchange from the UK to Cdn dollars)

The ones that are more local are not the same at all as M&S humbugs (no toffee centre and taste different), and just not what my Nana used to give to me. And, you can't use them as bonbonniers as they are not individually wrapped and if you don't keep them in the fridge, they get all stuck together in a giant lump within an hour and then you have to drop them on the floor (no, not exagerating, I have some of them from xmas that I bought) to smack them apart and then they splinter, etc... So they'd just all be stuck to the tulle.

So I said, "ah well, champagne tastes on a beer budget, will think of something else" (or something along those lines).
THEN another geek had the idea of collecting them for me.

That's how this all started.

And that's when I bawled like a big baby :lol:

And to Bagpuss;
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA:lol: You're addicted now, aren't you???? Aren't you glad that you don't live on my side of the pond and you can get them more readily?

I got into a friendly debate with a pal who loves the local ones (Stillwells) and claimed they were best.
I said but ahhhhhh they are NOTHING like the REAL humbugs from the UK WHICH is where humbugs originate.
She says nope... stillwells rocks.
So I trotted upstairs, and pinched one for her.
She's converted :lol:

Thanks again ladies, you've touched my heart more ways than I can count.
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

".....so i ate them...the whole blooming lot.....(infact they gave me the trots) anyway....
sorry xx

I know... those two bags I opened to count (that I received at xmas) so I'd know how much I'd need... they've been calling my name SOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOUDLY...
And I've been a good girl, and have not touched nary a one... but OMG:eek: it's so hard.
I think I'll just take them to my moms and put them there so I can't touch them should I have a moment of desperation.
:lol:

You're very welcome hunni :hug:, just don't be tempted to dip into the bag to try 'em out before the big day!

xxx

Ok, it's because on the original thread when this convo started, I saw the shipping charges to cover the amount I needed and nearly had a heart attack. (especially after you consider the rate of exchange from the UK to Cdn dollars)

The ones that are more local are not the same at all as M&S humbugs (no toffee centre and taste different), and just not what my Nana used to give to me. And, you can't use them as bonbonniers as they are not individually wrapped and if you don't keep them in the fridge, they get all stuck together in a giant lump within an hour and then you have to drop them on the floor (no, not exagerating, I have some of them from xmas that I bought) to smack them apart and then they splinter, etc... So they'd just all be stuck to the tulle.

So I said, "ah well, champagne tastes on a beer budget, will think of something else" (or something along those lines).
THEN another geek had the idea of collecting them for me.

That's how this all started.

And that's when I bawled like a big baby :lol:

And to Bagpuss;
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA:lol: You're addicted now, aren't you???? Aren't you glad that you don't live on my side of the pond and you can get them more readily?

I got into a friendly debate with a pal who loves the local ones (Stillwells) and claimed they were best.
I said but ahhhhhh they are NOTHING like the REAL humbugs from the UK WHICH is where humbugs originate.
She says nope... stillwells rocks.
So I trotted upstairs, and pinched one for her.
She's converted :lol:

Thanks again ladies, you've touched my heart more ways than I can count.
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

these are individually wrapped and based in canada
Candy From Canada 2

:hug:Cool site Jo, some tasty looking sweeties on there!
Good sherlocking hun! xxxx:hug:

these are individually wrapped and based in canada
Candy From Canada 2

Thank you!

PS: I went to the site, they don't mention a toffee center. I shall call them Monday as they don't have an email to contact them either. Shall keep you posted.
thanks again

Last edited:
I have received a bag from you Bubbabinks :hug::Love::Kissing:

Thank you!!!

But I'm a little unsure what exactly you are trying to say in french.
GREAT effort... but the translation makes for a very odd phrase.
Now maybe in Europe, it's said differently.. but Quebec french..
hmm.
well, let me take a crack and see if I got this straight what you said and you can tell me what you were trying to say, ok?

Buddie a partir de votre salon de geek

Which a literal translation would be "Buddy starting from your salon of geeks" (because "a partir de" means "starting from"):wink2:

Were you trying to say "buddy from salon geek'?
Here, that would be "Buddie (or) Amie de Salongeek" since "salon geek" is a name and not a noun. :wink2: so it doesn't change.

Elsewise, all these frenchies would be calling me "Victoire la Chasseur" LOL:lol:

NOW, if I'm right, for once, I'm confused and it's not my fault HAHAHA
Usually, I'm struggling with the 'english' expressions you all use.

Anyhooooooooooo.. Thanks SO MUCH!!!! For everything luv!!
MUCH APPRECIATED:!::!:

:hug:

It's supposed to say "From your buddy at Salongeek" I used a website that translates from english to french, never trust the internet!!:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, those sites don't translate very well.

Nice try though!!!

xoxo

I sent mine off yesterday. To be told that im not actually allowed to send sweets to canada... :irked:

I sent them anyway mind, but i had to write on the customs label that they were sweets. So i hope they get to you.

Royal mail must be rakin' it in off us lot lol.

Thanks Kate!!

First time I heard that, though. Isn't that funny, aye?

I wonder why that is?

yep i postd mine on monday, and was told you couldnt post sweets or food, so he said well write sweets (as gift) on label and they might get threre, but they might not, so let me know if you receive them victoria hun xxxx

I ticked the gift box and wrote sweets and the woman didnt say a word about not being able to send sweets, very strange.

:hug:Food stuffs are contraband arent they, so thats why we are not allowed to send them, but it does have a huge list of things that are suitable to send and those that are not!

When my bro lived in Oz, I sent him a package with sweets in and stuff like Voddy, pepperamis etc, lol, do you all think Im strange now, sending pepperamis to Oz!!

Mine will be on its way aswell V, as soon as I get to M&S!!

xxxxx
:hug:

Thanks ladies!!

Shall keep you 'posted' (pardon the pun)
:wink2:

can someone pm me details and i'll send some! x

ANOTHER bag received!!!

A huge thank you to Nicky Hetherington (now, which nicky geek are you? SO SORRY! I'm dunderhead with remembering names:o)

Most appreciated!!

and Nicky writes

"Victoria, please be assured it's a brand new packet, but I had to open them to release the air out, to enable me to get them in the envelope hun.
Enjoy (any leftovers)
Nicky
xxx"

Hmmmmmmmm me thinks she was taste-testing them :lol::lol::lol:

Just teasing, luv!! I can see what a tight fit it was!!! Dont know how you managed!!!!

GIANT HUGS!!!!

TO EVERYONE ELSE:

PLEASE do NOT forget to include your full name, geek name and mailing address so I can keep it all straight and send you thank you cards with a picture from the wedding.

xoxoxoxox

ANOTHER bag received!!!

A huge thank you to Nicky Hetherington (now, which nicky geek are you? SO SORRY! I'm dunderhead with remembering names:o)

Most appreciated!!

and Nicky writes

Hmmmmmmmm me thinks she was taste-testing them :lol::lol::lol:

Just teasing, luv!! I can see what a tight fit it was!!! Dont know how you managed!!!!

GIANT HUGS!!!!

sorry Victoria, i never thought to put my geek name on hun, cos i thought you'd remember from the other parcel last week, duh, how stupid am i, forgot that you'd be recieving loads of parcels from geeks :smack:

anyway i can assure you i didnt pinch any, if i had i would have been very sick lol, as im allergic to lots of the ingredients pmsl

glad they got there, was so worried about this not sending food stuff thing the post office said about lol

xxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back